Corrigan Krause is a growing accounting, tax and consulting firm dedicated to getting better every day. We are currently looking to add a dynamic Human Resources Manager to our team to help us attract and retain our #1 asset, our people, and drive positive change within our organization. The ideal candidate will be a team player first and foremost and help us build a culture of collaboration, teamwork, trust, and transparency.
The Human Resource Manager will report to the firm’s COO and guide and manage the overall provision of human resources services, policies, and programs to include staffing, training, performance management, and employee development. This individual will be responsible for HR inclusively across three separate entities that make up our comprehensive group.
- Manage staffing process to include developing job descriptions, conducting recruiting planning meetings, developing and implementing recruiting strategies, and managing employee selection process from pre-screening interviews to performing reference and background checks. Assist in negotiating job offers and execute hiring process.
- Work with Organizational Leadership to support creating a positive workplace culture through identifying opportunities for training or other initiatives that support employee development.
- Establish pipeline of candidates through external networking with industry contacts, association memberships, trade groups, and internal employee connections.
- Manage new employee integration and onboarding.
- Manage annual employee performance review process, including working with Organizational Leadership to administer all employee evaluations to ensure effectiveness and equity within the Firm.
- Oversee benefits administration, salary administration, and policy recommendation, including maintaining Employee Handbook.
- Ensure compliance with employment-related laws through consulting with management on employee management and discipline concerns, ensuring documentation of concerns, reviewing overall employment practices, and conducting appropriate training (i.e. harassment awareness).
- Oversee voluntary and involuntary terminations, ensuring proper documentation, and conducting exit interviews.
- Maintain all employee records, including recruitment records, employee files, and other required documentation.
- Supervise Human Resource Management Assistant.
- Provide human resource management consulting services to external clients as requested. May include assisting in human resource policy development, coaching managers on employee management issues, and supporting the client’s hiring practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline
- Five years’ experience in human resource management generalist position
- Knowledge of human resource-related laws and best practices
- Effective organization and time management skills
- Proven ability to build effective professional relationships across all organizational levels, and keen ability to improve operations and processes
- Superior organizational skills with strong attention to detail and a knack for follow-through
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Professionalism, integrity, and a positive attitude are essential
- Experience working in a services profession environment (i.e. accounting, consulting, legal)
- Experience working in a mid-sized firm (less than 100 employees)
- Self-insured administration experience is a plus