Mid-level provider (Physician Assistant) needed to support pain management physicians. The position consists of 100% outpatient pain management. Position will consist of medical management of established patients in our pain management clinic. It will require medication management of established patients, working up patients for interventional procedures (we will teach you our protocol for this) and seeing patients for post-procedure follow-up.
About the company:
Pain Management Associates, a comprehensive pain management company with state-of-the-art equipment, is seeking full time mid-level providers, Physician Assistants or Nurse Practitioners with pain management experience, for pain management physicians in the Columbia, South Carolina area.
Physician Assistant Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide quality of care to patients according to practice guidelines
- Evaluate and treat follow up patients based on findings and conditions
- Medication management with drug testing and confirmations
- Conduct approved pain management procedures
- Check centralized database prescription monitoring in state
- Use of Electronic Health Records program with accuracy
- Mid-level Provider will answer clinically to the supervising physician
Physician Assistant Requirements:
- Possess and maintain current and valid license to practice in state
- Possess and maintain current and valid prescription authority
- Maintain certifications from state and national certification body
- Possess good organizational and effective communication skills
- Document patient chart information accurately in EHR
- Ability to multitask
- Adhere to the Chronic Pain Guidelines for Controlled Substances
Physician Assistant Benefits Package Includes:
- Competitive compensation/benefit package.
- 401 (k) Retirement Plan option
- Paid vacation
- Coverage of malpractice insurance
- CME 5 days per year with $1500.00 allowable
- Medical, Dental and Vision insurance options
- Life Insurance and voluntary term life options
- Disability insurance
- Moving expenses
- State medical, DEA, SC controlled substance license and yearly licensing fees covered.
- No nights or weekends
Job Type: Full-time