Are you interested in a career in criminal justice? Are you interested in a $2,000 sign-on bonus?
Dodge Correctional Institution is seeking highly motivated individuals who are interested in a career in criminal justice to join our team!!
Apply online at www.wisc.jobs Job Announcement Code 18-01071
Be sure to select Dodge Correctional Institution!
Responsibilities and Duties
Correctional Officers perform security-related tasks in the institution they are assigned. They direct and monitor inmate behavior, counsel inmates, conduct personal searches and may transport inmates to/from other institutions, medical facilities, county jails, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- At least 18 years of age upon appointment
- Hold a valid driver’s license for a minimum of two years
- Less than three traffic violations in the past two years
- No felony convictions without a pardon
- No domestic violence convictions
- Pass a medical exam, drug test, and fitness test
- Requires ability to work overtime
- Meet firearms standards
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to physically restrain and control inmates
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships
- Able to operate and communicate effectively with inmates and coworkers representing a wide diversity of backgrounds, experiences and ethnicity
- Able to legally possess and qualify with firearms per division policy
- $2,000 sign-on bonus (eligibility applies)
- Paid seven week pre-service training program
- Selected candidates new to state service will start at $16.32 per hour and will receive semi-annual increases of approximately $0.49/hour until reaching 24 months of seniority
- Night & weekend pay differential available
- Immediately covered under the Wisconsin Retirement System (employer matched pension)
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick leave and legal holidays
- Rapid advancement
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $16.32 /hour
- High school or equivalent (Required)