Executive Secretary to the Assistant Superintendent -Performs responsible administrative support for the Assistant Superintendent; plans and organizes office activities and work flow, coordinates communications for the office of the Assistant Superintendent; applies knowledge of District policies, rules, regulations, procedures, programs and organizes specific situations and tasks. Highly confidential position.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as confidential administrative aide to the Assistant Superintendent which requires use of independent judgment and personal initiative.
- Prepare correspondence, including materials of a sensitive or confidential nature.
- Determine the urgency and priority of messages and requests for contact with Assistant Superintendent.
- Oversee, maintain and process paperwork, compliance monitoring and purchase orders for many Pupil Service areas including psychologist, school nurses, school counselors, home and school visitors, home-bound instruction, home schooling, partial and outpatient placements and payments and many contracted services.
- Supports parents, students, administration and teachers associated with the Spring-Ford Virtual Academy.
- Process forms, requests and maintain records for Home Schooling, Homebound Instruction, weekly Psychologist reports
- Check and review data for accuracy, completeness and conformance to established standards and procedures
- Operate standard office equipment
- Advanced knowledge and expertise in creating interactive spreadsheets for data analysis (Excel) and in creating and editing presentation in various formats and applications.
- Receive, sort, and process mail.
- Assists in maintaining office board policies, revising and editing policies, drafting new policies when required and distributing revisions to appropriate administrators.
- Provide information and assistance to parents, the general public, and staff members
- Works closely with Secretaries to the Superintendent and in a team effort to have the offices function as a whole
- Coordinate the preparation of agendas for school board committee meetings, cabinet meetings, elementary and secondary principals’ meetings, leadership team meetings, and instructional administrator meetings.
To further information and to apply, log onto www.spring-ford.net. Applicants must submit Act 168 Sexual Misconduct/Abuse Disclosure Release form; have current Act 34, Act 114, and Act 151 clearances (dated within 1 year); as well as a current health record and tuberculosis test to be eligible to start employment. Spring-Ford Area School District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Deadline to apply: June 6, 2018.
Job Type: Full-time