Quest Software has some fascinating IT challenges, we are looking for someone with Source control, continuous integration, and deployment discipline. But, we also have some security requirements.
This position is in our Test and Release Management Group, a unique mixture of DevOps and Software Quality Assurance that is focused on enabling all areas of the company from a technical standpoint. This position is part of a team that works on and coordinates efforts related to:
- Engineering build processes and Source Control.
- Application IT management of a SaaS-style architecture.
- Enterprise-style automation and configuration management.
- Quality Assurance relating to Infrastructure Applications.
Each day offers different challenges as we work towards building a unified and automated infrastructure and process ecosystem. We look for broad skills, as the problem space is large. So, the successful candidate will have a strong mixture of skills from the following list (the more the better):
- IT Experience
- Manage and Maintaining complex Testing Environments, that have complex integrations.
- Several years of traditional sysadmin responsibilities—daemons and services of various types, plus the physical and virtual infrastructure that runs them.
- Windows experience is the most important, but Linux experience is desirable as well.
- Devops experience.
- Experienced-based opinions backed by hard-won wisdom that can provide direction on Devops best practices
- Build pipelines: Octopus, Jenkins, Travis, Bamboo, etc.
- Source control: GitHub, Gitlab, Bitbucket, SVN, etc.
- Configuration management: Puppet, Chef, etc.
- Experience automating systems including build pipelines, system management, etc.
- Networking experience
- Experience managing networking services and digital assets, including DNS, web servers, SSL certifications, user management, etc.
- Familiarity with AWS, especially in EC2, S3, Route53, Cloud Formation, SNS, SQS and related services
- Familiarity with Azure/ RackSpace/ OpenStack/ etc. is also desirable.
- Any experience running production SaaS offerings highly valuable.
- Cybersecurity smarts
- Experience deploying and maintaining secure sites both locally and in the cloud.
- Articulate and personable
- Need to be able to speak “business” for execs, and “ordinary human” for customers.
- Able to work with remote colleagues in different time zones.
- Should be fearless: jumps in with two feet; gets forgiveness instead of permission; speaks up,
- Bachelor's Degree
- Relevant Experience or Degree in: Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or related field
- Typically Minimum 4 Years Relevant Exp
- Four-year college degree and 4+ years professional experience, or a high school diploma with 6+ years professional experience in coding, designing, developing and analyzing data
Quest Software enables organizations of all sizes to better secure, manage, monitor, protect, and analyze information and infrastructure in order to help fuel innovation and drive their businesses forward. With over 5,000 team members around the globe, we intend to continue to grow revenues and add value to customers.
When you join our team, you will have the opportunity to build and develop products at a scale few others can provide. Our product portfolio serves a large base of customers and we are addressing the strategic imperatives for enterprise businesses. Working with some of the most talented employees the industry has to offer, we provide enhanced career opportunities for team members to learn and grow in a rapidly changing environment.
Why work with us?
- Life at Quest means collaborating with dedicated professionals with a passion for technology.
- When we see something that could be improved, we get to work inventing the solution.
- Our people demonstrate our winning culture through positive and meaningful relationships.
- We invest in our people and offer a series of programs that enables them to pursue a career that fulfills their potential.
- Our team members’ health and wellness is our priority as well as rewarding them for their hard work.
Quest is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Quest is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Quest are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Quest will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. Quest encourages applicants of all ages.
Come join us. For more information, visit us on the web at http://www.quest.com/careers.
Apply for this job online
Email this job to a friend
Share on your newsfeed
Connect With Us!
Not ready to apply? Connect with us for general consideration.