Reports To: Director of Operations
Date of Revision: 4/23/2018
Senior Accountant –Oversees and ensures that all financial operations function efficiently and provides training to managers responsible for project management standards. Responsible for the project billing process, including responding to client and project manager inquiries, executes the established accounting standards and billing policy. Responsible for compiling data and analyzing financial information, posts and reviews account reconciliations, maintains the general ledger, accounts payable, and provides back up for payroll processing.
- Obtain and maintains a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Ensures an accurate and timely monthly and year end close.
- Provides the timely reporting of all monthly financial information, including KPI’s.
- Manages in the daily banking requirements.
- Supports budget and forecasting activities.
- Collaborates with Director of Operations to support overall company goals and objectives.
- Monitors and analyzes financial work flow to develop more efficient procedures and use of resources while maintaining a high level of accuracy.
- Provide Ajera software training to new and existing staff as needed.
- Prepare final invoice package containing draft and final invoices for all billable projects, including all applicable backup for client invoices.
- Accounts payable processing, weekly payable disbursements.
- Research any unbilled issues to optimize the billing possibilities for the billing period.
- Maintain the billing folders for all projects, with all the appropriate documents, including expenses and monthly invoices, in accordance with standard procedures.
- Work with cash receipts to reconcile variances that occur in the application of cash.
- Support Human Resources regarding Payroll Processing, Worker’s Compensation and 401k.
- Write off any uncollectible receivables, labor or expenses, as directed by the PIC.
- Review weekly time sheets for reporting and support to Human Resources.
- Prepare monthly balance sheet account bank reconciliations for month end reporting.
- Recommend and implement agreed process improvements to the billing cycle.
- Knowledge of Project Based Information Systems such as Deltek, Timberline and Sage.
- 5-10 years of experience in billing and receivables.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite 2013.
- Knowledgeable of A/E/C industry terminology and standard processes is preferred.
- Ethical Conduct.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Personal Effectiveness/Credibility.
- Attentive to detail.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $58,000.00 to $70,000.00 /year
- Accounting: 7 years
- project accounting: 7 years
Required work authorization: