Responsible for assisting clients who are seeking or returning to services at TCMHS. This position includes triage, referral, linking and coordinating activities for persons seeking services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
Provides initial screening for clients walking in to Open Access intake clinic, including assessing need for urgent/crisis services and screening clients for eligibility and admission criteria per agency protocol.
Schedules intake assessments and crisis face to face sessions for clients with intake clinicians. Coordinates with clinical staff as needed to assist in coverage for sessions.
Provides telephone screening of individuals calling the agency to access services per agency access protocols and admission criteria (clinical, geographic, financial, etc.).
Maintains clinical staff, nurses and doctors' schedules in Avatar. Makes changes to schedule as needed and notifies clients and staff regarding these changes.
Makes referrals for clients that may be eligible for entitlements to contracted agency and tracks and monitors application status by maintaining contact with contract agency representative.
Provides required forms to legal guardians for signatures when the guardian is unable to accompany their ward to the intake appointment. Reviews guardianship packets to make sure they are completed before client is seen for intake appointment.
Works with Front Desk Manager to coordinate interpreting services for clients in a timely manner.
- Provides backup coverage for front desk and switchboard staff as needed.
- Provides linking and coordinating activities to consumers including referrals to community resources for clients both in and out of service area.
Maintains a broad knowledge of community resources
- Maintains constructive working relationships with community partners.
- Maintains Avatar (EMR) knowledge and experience.
Other duties and/or responsibilities may be assigned by supervisor
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS (KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES)
- Bachelor's degree in a related field required.
- CPR/First Aid Certification required
- Annual TB testing required
- 1 - 3 years minimum work-related experience required.
- Knowledge of behavioral health diagnosis and symptoms.
- General knowledge of community resources and/or the willingness to research as needed.
- Strong crisis management skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- The ability to use and troubleshoot basic business equipment.
- The ability to interact with a wide range of individuals.
- Strong ability to multi-task with a high level of accuracy and timeliness in project output.
- The ability to maintain a high level of client confidentiality.
- Ability to problem solve quickly and prioritize tasks for optimum efficiency.