Do you want to work for a company that cares about their employees and their patients?
Do you want to make a difference in someone's life daily?
Do you want an opportunity to grow and learn?
Do you want control over your schedule?
If you answered yes to these questions keep reading below:
Job Summary: Demonstrate proficient skills using assessments to admit, transfer, re-certify, and discharge home health patients in regards to physician orders. Coordinate and supervise LPNs and CNAs/HHAs in the delivery of patient care. Maintain compliance with agency's policy and procedures. Follow state regulations.
- Registered Nurse in good standing with the Florida Board of Nursing
- Have at least one year of managerial or supervisory experience in personal assistance agency or related health programs (hospital, home health, nursing facility or hospice).
- Work positively and favorably with patients, families, and staff.
- Ability to relate positively and favorably with clients and staff.
- Demonstrate good oral and written communication along with good documentation skills.
- Perform the initial home care patient visit and re-evaluate the patient’s needs and progress on a regular basis.
- Initiate the plan of care under doctor’s orders.
- Perform assessments for the home care patient.
- Observe, assess, and document symptoms.
- Monitor reactions and patient progress.
- Educate patients and caregivers on disease process, medications, plan of care, and individualized treatment plans.
- Coordinate patient services and care.
- Supervise LPNs and HHA’s onsite.
- Notify the physician and other personnel (DON, PT, Case Manager) of change in the patient’s condition.
- Perform skills outlined in the agency’s approved policy and procedure manual.
- Discharge the patient from skilled nursing services when the discharge criteria have been met.
- Update clinical records according to policy and procedures.
- Update knowledge and skills by attending in-service programs, continuing education programs, seminars, and self-study programs annually.
- Adhere to state regulations.
Come join us!
Job Type: Contract
- Registered Nurse: 1 year (Required)
- BLS for Healthcare Providers (CPR and AED) (Required)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
Nursing Clinical Setting: