Who We Are
Alveo Technologies is changing the world by applying cutting edge advances in sensing, microfluidics and bioassays to create the next generation of point of care and personal care diagnostic devices. We are connecting and empowering consumers, healthcare professionals and treatment providers with personalized medicine. Our versatile product platform enables rapid, inexpensive and dependable screening in the waiting room, doctors’ offices, at home or any low resource setting.
Senior level role working directly with the Director of Assay Development to achieve company milestones in oncology. You will assist in planning experimental roadmaps, help supervise the daily activities of research staff, and work at the bench to meet objectives. You will work closely with engineering and product development teams to coordinate assay timelines with other aspects of the product development path. You will optimize and transfer current assays and molecular technologies to Alveo’s platform, as well as innovate novel strategies applicable to Alveo’s pipeline of devices. You will assist in writing patents to protect this intellectual property and journal articles to publish results.
Dedicated and driven by passion for making a difference in the development of life saving diagnostic technologies. Strongly self-motivated, results-oriented with a desire to grow by working as part of a highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team in a fast paced, dynamic setting.Good leadership qualities with a desire to mentor assay development staff. Excellent communicator, team player, highly organized and a fast learner.
- Work closely with the Director of Assay Development to achieve product objectives in oncology
- Innovate novel technologies and see them through the lifecycle from ideation to product launch
- Work at the bench to develop novel technologies for the next generation of cancer diagnostics
- Lead and mentor a team of scientists to meet product goals
- Careful documentation of work, analysis of results and communication of important conclusions to the team
- Advanced degree (MS or higher) or equivalent experience in molecular biology, cancer/tumor cell biology or related areas, with expertise in molecular diagnostic methods including qPCR, digital PCR, and sequencing
- Extensive experience in DNA variation analysis such as mutation, copy number variation/rearrangement, RNA gene expression, and protein detection using modern molecular biology methods
- High level of practical experience in nucleic acid and protein sample preparation from solid tumor and liquid biopsy samples
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team of scientists
- Ability to work successfully across disciplines (including bioinformatics, software, manufacturing, product development, quality, regulatory, and marketing) in a collaborative, team environment
- Experience working in biosafety level 2 (BSL-2) environment
- Willingness to work with infectious or otherwise biohazardous material
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills (English) as well as ability to communicate effectively with scientists and engineers from a wide range of technical backgrounds
- Flexibility to perform in a dynamic, rapidly evolving environment
- Comfortable using common office software (Microsoft, Google, etc)
- 5 or more years developing commercial diagnostic products, GLP/GMP environment highly desired
- 2 or more years experience designing and optimizing DNA amplification assays, SNP detection, detection of copy number variation, etc.
- Track record of publications in peer-reviewed oncology and molecular biology journals
- Familiarity with statistical methods and software (JMP, R, etc.)
- Understand design control and PLM. Experience with FDA and/or other regulatory submissions is desired.
Health insurance, 401k, commuter benefit, mobile phone subsidy, flexible time off, on-site gym.
Primary candidates ONLY. No recruiting agencies.
Job Type: Full-time