Do you aim high? Are you genuinely helpful? Are you looking for a place where you can make a difference, receive ongoing support and training, and build a rewarding, long-lasting career? Then you may be a good fit for FirstService Residential, North America's foremost property management firm. We're all about our associates, and as we continue to grow, we're looking for even more quality people who share our dedication to doing what's right, improving residents' quality of life, building great relationships and truly making a difference for their clients, their colleagues and themselves. Is that you? If so, we think you should get to know us.
Who We Are: FirstService Residential is the largest manager of residential communities in North America, overseeing more than 5,600 properties and over 1.3 million residential units. FirstService generates more than $2.3 billion in annual revenue and has more than 23,000 employees worldwide. More information is available at www.firstserviceresidential.com.
FirstService Residential is seeking a High RiseCommunity Association Manager for a High Rise building in the Upper Marlboro, MD Area
Primary Responsibilities: Provide high level support and management to assigned community association. Work closely with board of directors to address and react to the needs of the communities as well as the daily management of the site.
- Assure that the policies, resolutions and goals of the Board are carried out
- Be knowledgeable of all Association Governing Documents, Rules and Regulations and general legal requirements of a community association
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain open lines of communication with fellow Associates, homeowners and Board of Trustees
- Be available to be on-call to handle after-hours emergencies
- Provide input and assist the Board with the preparation of the Association's annual budget
- Be responsible for the daily implementation of the annual budget, perform general financial management and record keeping
- Coordinate receipt and review of invoices for services and ensure timely payment of bills
- Assist Association and In Housecounsel on collection matters and monitor maintenance fee accounts
- Prepare specifications needed for all services received by the Association (e.g., landscaping, snow, trash, insurance, pool, etc.)
- Manage bid process, review bid spec proposals and comparison spreadsheets and make board recommendations as appropriate.
- Manage vendor relations
- Conduct regular property inspections to ensure compliance with Association Rules and Regulations.
- Ensure maintenance of all files, records and correspondence in accordance with company procedures and good business practices
- Attend all Board meetings
- Prepare Board meeting agenda, monthly management report and all other reports and material needed for Board Packet; distribute one week in advance of meeting
- Coordinate activities of association professionals including attorneys, auditing firms and engineering firms
- Act as liaison for designated committees
- Provide customer service assistance to homeowners as needed. Assist with homeowners' calls and inquires and respond accordingly or direct to the appropriate party.
- Attend regular Membership meetings
Education/ Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. /B.S.) in Business or related field from a 4-year college or university, or equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Two (2) years of customer service experience.
- Property Management/ Association/ Real Estate experience a plus.
- Excellent word processing, mathematicand computer skills required
- CMCA Preferred. Commitment to obtain PCAM, ARM or AMS designations or equivalent.
- Must have valid driver's license
Skills and Ability Requirements:
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office: Excel, Word
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong customer service, communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Action and results-oriented, enthusiastic.
- Resourceful, creative, decisive.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to deal effectively with a diversity of individuals at all organizational levels.
- Positive, can-do attitude with a commitment to excellence.
- Ability to meet stringent deadlines.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $65,000.00 /year