The Front Office Associate provides administrative support for the clinic as part of a dynamic front office team, including: telephone and walk-in patient support, electronic practice appointment-setting, medical records management, patient check-in, and patient check-out.
: * Answers the telephone promptly, providing excellent customer service and routing calls appropriately during office hours.
- Checks, responds to, and routes voicemail messages promptly. Appointment-setting:
- Notes appointment requests and issues appointment slots as indicated using the electronic practice management system.
- Schedules, screens, and/or refers patients appropriately using a multi-line phone.
- Reschedules or cancels patient appointments as needed. Medical Record Management:
- Attaches incoming patient information such as referral reports, lab reports, and medical records from other providers, etc. Routes information and charts to providers.
- Files charts and scans documents into EMR (Electronic Medical Records) system appropriately.
Patient Check-in and Check-out:
- Greets patients as they arrive, and ensures each patient is retrieved in a timely manner.
- Prepares charts and places them for eligibility screening, intake, or to see a provider, as appropriate.
- Identifies patients that need to update their information or be re-evaluated for programs.
- Ensures that provider orders for testing, prescriptions, or follow up are completed before a patients leaves.
- Assesses fees/discounts, collect payment, and provide a receipt to each patient.
- Maintains patient privacy at the front desk and in the reception area, in compliance with HIPAA federal guidelines and clinic policies.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Must have 2 years of previous front office experience in a medical environment.
- Must have a High School diploma or GED.
- Electronic Medical Records experience preferred.
- Must be able to type at least 40WPM.
- Must have experience with PC- based business applications software such as Microsoft Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Proper English grammar, usage, spelling, and punctuation; modern business office procedures, including filing systems, business correspondence, and telephone techniques.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to operate standard office machines and equipment, including telephones, computers, copy machines, fax machines, calculators scanners, and shredders.
Qualifications and Skills
- Establishes and maintains effective working relationships and good communication with the public and health care team.
- Requests and obtains records from other providers, as needed.
- Copies and sends medical records as needed.
- Maintains medical records' security in compliance with HIPAA federal guidelines and clinic policies.
- Opens and closes the reception area, including the patient entrance, according to office hours..
- Identifies patients for appropriate funding sources and screens/charges appropriately.
- Provides conflict resolution and responds to patient grievances.
- Notifies appropriate staff or supervisor of office equipment repair orders or supply needs.
- May be trained in other administrative, clinical, or educational areas.
- Reads and interpret documents such as charts, safety rules, operating instructions, and procedure manuals.
*** Bilingual A PLUS***
Job Type: Full-time - Temp to Hire
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00 /hour
Job Type: Temporary
Salary: $15.00 to $16.50 /hour
- front desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- Medical Office: 1 year (Preferred)