Amazon is seeking a Senior Manager to coordinate the ongoing maintenance of its Worldwide Real Estate Design Standards. The successful candidate will be responsible for leading the cross functional team in the creation and maintenance of the standards that govern the design of the network of technologically advanced operations facilities worldwide. This individual must be comfortable operating on both strategic and tactical levels. The right candidate will demonstrate a track record of successes in performing the full range of design management functions while leading internal and outsourced teams in an extremely fast paced environment that has high degree of ambiguity. Responsibility for standards includes; site plans, architectural, civil, electrical, mechanical, low voltage, signage and incorporation of storage and material handling designs by other internal teams.
At Amazon, we are diverse, driven, and creative team of design professionals, managers and leaders working daily to develop and construct facilities that are changing the world of customer fulfillment.
The role will be based in Seattle WA and will include frequent travel.
- Coordinating the creation and maintenance of Amazon’s Worldwide Real Estate Standards
- Present and facilitate strategic design discussions to top-level executives
- Managing third party architects, engineers and designers responsible for the work creating the standards
- Coordinating and collaborating with a wide variety of internal design and engineering teams
- Facilitate cross-discipline workshops to drive clarity and decision making
- Model excellence in design inputs gathering, decision making, partner collaboration and stakeholder alignment
- Responsible for project support on new fulfillment network buildings and additional capacity requirements around the globe
- Develop strategic prototypical building solutions which meet or exceed our quality requirements and drive value engineering and standardization across all aspects of the facility
- Collaborate with local regulatory agencies and certification agencies to ensure compliance with federal, state and municipal requirements and building codes
- Provide technical direction within engineering design / AutoCAD, building design, layouts, build details, schedules and materials
- Negotiate contracts with vendors and present formal documentation for approval when required
- Completed Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Engineering or comparable field; or 4 years Amazon Design or Construction experience
- 10+ years of experience as an architect, engineer or construction manager
- Project Management experience from design phase through implementation and operation
- Ability to lead and manage a team, including, coaching and disciplinary actions, as needed
- Master’s degree in engineering or construction management
- Ability to effectively communicate Amazon requirements to various audiences (e.g. senior management, peers, public officials, etc.)
Note: Residential brokerage experience is not relevant to this role and will not be considered in evaluating candidates’ suitability as described above.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation