JOB DESCRIPTION – Partner Account Manager – Public Sector
At Cisco, our partners and the partner organization is the lifeblood of our business. Cisco has a vision to become the #1 IT Company in the world through partnering to deliver world-class architectures, solutions, and services to our customers.
Cisco’s Public Sector partner team prides itself on its ability to embrace the customer mission concept of our customers. We take Cisco’s solutions and architectures market through a variety of partners, including large Systems Integrators, global Service Providers, and Influencers/Consulting Firms. You will play a major key role here!
We are seeking that next great member of our partner channel sales team to help lead Cisco to becoming the #1 IT Company in the world and to capitalize on current industry trends in Software Defined Networking, Digitization, Big Data, Collaboration, Cloud, Cyber, etc.
In this Parter Account Manager Role you will manage high profile relationships between Cisco and one or more of our key partners. You will be the face of Cisco to these partners responsible for strategic business development, sales and account management, and with driving preference for Cisco’s architectural solutions in conjunction with your Cisco connected sales teams.
Employees at Cisco are committed to its open culture. Open communication, teamwork, frugality, and thriving for business excellence are among the values of the Cisco culture. Giving back to the community, our veterans, and consideration and care for our Cisco employees and their families are highly valued within our culture. We are truly a team and we win together.
- 5-7 years direct sales experience, channel sales, or sales/business development experience selling through and with federal systems integration partners, large service providers, and influencers/consulting partners is required
- Working knowledge of the federal budget cycle and contract vehicles leveraged by federal partners is preferred
- Ability to converse comfortably about selling software (EA’s and bundled models), cloud services, new customer consumption models, and key industry trends such as SDN, Digitization, enhanced collaboration solutions, and next generation Cyber security solutions is highly desired.
- Good working knowledge of Cisco’s portfolio of solutions and market positioning desired
- Excellent written communications, influencing, and presentation skills
- Excellent collaboration skills, in particular, ability to effectively lead a large virtual meeting
- Ability to work closely across both sales and technology groups within partner and at Cisco
- Ability to logically plan, set priorities, identify, and resolve problems producing measurable results
- Strong financial background in developing ROI and TCO justifications
- Strong negotiation skills
- 5-7 days of travel required per calendar quarter
- Candidate will focus on the development and on-going support of key business initiatives between our US Partners and Cisco; executive relationships, field alignment/engagement, partner enablement, sales training, opportunity development (sales mentoring, strategic sales calls, cold calling, etc.), marketing and the coordination of cross functional activity.
- Candidate will align development plans with our public sector go to market strategy, develop strategies and metrics to drive and measure solution sales needed for the acceleration and adoption of Cisco's architectures, solutions and services as we move to be the #1 IT company in the world.
- You will work independently across many of the Cisco functional areas; partners, direct sales, Cisco business units, strategic alliances, global teams, and marketing.
- You will be expected to demonstrate an ability to excel within a very fast paced team environment and to know your business cold.
- Exhibit ability to develop and sustain virtual teams’ and connections given we often work across a large geography with our partners and across fairly large partner organizations.
- Ability to scale up and down the organization within the Partner and to set and hold executive level meetings
- The candidate should exhibit strong sales skills, strategic thinking, and leadership skills.