Power Construction is seeking a Project Manager/Estimator to support their self-perform Carpentry/Drywall department.
- Work with the entire preconstruction team in various capacities
- Accurately estimate projects from conceptual through construction document phases
- Present Value Engineering ideas when required
- Maintain good working knowledge of current unit costs and building costs/sf
- Responsible for developing accurate and timely proposals and estimates for projects to ensure Power Carpentry is a responsive bidder
- Analyze alternative solutions and construction methods to increase competitiveness of the bid
- Create and manage project’s budget and delivery method.
- Know and understand the requirements of owner’s contract, including bonds, fees, notifications, schedules, reporting, and costs.
- Supervise total construction effort to ensure project is constructed in accordance with design, budget and schedule.
- Work with Superintendent on job site logistics and schedule.
- Minimum 3 years of experience/knowledge of construction estimating
- High degree of analytical skills
- Knowledge of materials, methods, and processes
- Plan & specification interpretation
- Must be able to clearly and effectively present detailed information in meetings
- Strong organizational and planning skills and ability to prioritize and multitask numerous projects in a timely manner
- Possess strong ethics
- Ability to delegate effectively
- Knowledge in Quick Bid, On Screen Takeoff, Excel and Word
- Understanding of corporate and industry practices, processes, standards, etc. and their impact on project activities
- Superior communication and interpersonal (tact, diplomacy, influence, et.) skills
- Travel in and around Chicago and its suburbs