We are a human resources support firm partnering with Covenant Developments to help them find an OPERATIONS DIRECTOR. This position reports to the CEO and oversees operations for their REAL ESTATE DEVELOPMENT & CONSTRUCTION COMPANY. Covenant Developments is a leading builder in West Michigan and on the lake shore offering zero-entry and innovative housing options that combine the comforts and conveniences of a resort lifestyle. Their purpose driven communities offer a product and a lifestyle so unique to this area that people immediately fall in love with the community aspect.
The OPERATIONS DIRECTOR is responsible for leadership and operational management, overseeing the construction and administrative team. This position requires a driven, confident, energetic leader who has the experience to mentor an already high performing team.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead, direct, and coordinate all daily operations and activities.
- Continuously demonstrate consistent support, promote and resolve issues and/or challenges using methods that are aligned with our culture, mission, vision, and core values.
- Demonstrate consistent support of company initiatives, projects, and programs with all team members.
- Create and oversee construction services "SOP’s" and oversee effective interdepartmental processes that support high performing results by all areas
- Create and oversee effective communication processes for both internal and external points of contact which are proactive, comprehensive, and are designed to "provide resolution."
- Build strong and mutually respectful partnerships with our team, contractors and community representatives to support the company’s success.
- Engage appropriate team members in a timely fashion, and communicate fully, actively, and accurately, to expedite the high performing execution of activities and projects.
- Provide leadership and oversight, internal and external, regarding the successful execution of the project work flow and task management with the collective team.
- Advise the collective team to ensure we are providing value to our respective clients.
- Conduct site visits, as needed, for specified projects to support the team and problem solve issues.
- Mediate situations of conflict and find mutual resolution with all respective parties. This type of skill and ability to de-escalate situations is necessary.
- Continuously review project results and make timely recommendations to the CEO regarding resource needs and adjustments.
- Together with the collective team, complete construction projects within budget.
- Review sales performance and generate the necessary analytics from project management software to analyze and improve sales performance, if necessary.
- Work in conjunction with the marketing department to generate and plan for presentations.
- Help develop an annual strategic plan for the company including key revenue, expense, and operating objectives, resource development and allocation and clearly defined performance benchmarks.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strategic Thinking: Ability to see the big picture and work internally and externally to make decisions and deliver an exceptional product.
- Decision Making: Ability to think quickly and intelligently in difficult circumstances.
- Organized: Must be highly organized with a strong ability to prioritize re-prioritize and meet critical deadlines.
- Responsible: Takes responsibility for actions, work load and hold other team members accountable.
- Work Ethic: Possesses integrity and be self-motivated.
- Team Player: Builds bridges with internal and external partners.
- Experience: Construction Management, Engineering or related field. Preferred is 5 years of progressively responsible managerial and administrative experience in management, project management, building and grounds maintenance and facilities management operation.
OPERATIONS DIRECTOR BENEFITS:
- Competitive compensation with a solid base salary, benefits package, and bonus opportunities (commensurate with experience).
- Become an integral part of our successful leadership team where your talents and contributions will be celebrated and rewarded
- Participate in monthly skills and team building meetings and activities
Please submit your (1) resume and (2) cover letter with (3) salary expectations. Please direct all inquiries exclusively to Partners In Action, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
- Operations, Management, Administration, Project Management: 5 years
Required work authorization: