The Project Scheduler is responsible for the coordination of the project schedule and developing technical understanding and skills to support full range of project controls support services required for engineering and construction projects.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
Planning & Scheduling:
- Document planning considerations, conditions, and objectives required to develop the schedule.
- Create a compliant baseline schedule in accordance with contract specifications.
- Input project work breakdown structure (WBS) into project schedule.
- Input project activity codes into schedule.
Measurement & Analysis:
- Gather monthly schedule update and input on projects.
- Calculate the schedule and assure run quality.
- Produce analytical and variance reports and work with project team to assess and make corrective action.
- Document any schedule change and investigate potential delays.
- Run any what-if options to determine best work around alternatives.
- Prepare schedule text for monthly progress reports.
- Run monthly layouts, sorts, filters, and organize reports and schedule diagrams and analyze progress and variance for trending and analysis.
Estimate & Resource Control:
- Utilize estimate to help build schedule and validate durations.
- Track project cost and resources against budget.
- Track invoicing cost.
Additional Project oriented functions:
- Maintain and file schedule deliverables into document control system.
- Track and integrate into the schedule permitting, environmental, and regulatory compliance needs and associated risks.
Marketing, Business Development & Process Improvements:
- Prepare proposal schedules.
- Provide help to internal CDM Smith resource to find key project control information through project controls resources.
- Provide feature training on scheduling tool to Construction Specialists and project team.
- Perform additional duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering, construction management or related field or equivalent combinations of technical training and related experience.
- Minimum 3+ years’ experience engineering or construction project controls scheduling or related experience
- OSHA required certifications helpful for field assignments.
- Construction field experience preferred.
- General knowledge and understanding of construction documents (Specifications & Drawings) and overall engineering and company standards.
- Effective interpersonal and written and verbal communication skills.
- General knowledge of company policies, procedures, and standards.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, MS Project, and Oracle Primavera Scheduling and Contract management tools.
- Fluent command of spoken and written English.
Relocation assistance is available for the right candidate.
Indeed Hire and Allworld Project Management are working together to find the best candidate for this job.
By applying, you agree to be contacted by our agent, Indeed Hire, and receive updates via text and phone about your application.
Job Type: Full-time
- Engineering or construction project controls scheduling: 3 years (Required)
- Construction field: 1 year (Preferred)
- Construction Documents ( Specifications and Drawings): 1 year (Required)