Lubrizol, a Berkshire Hathaway company, is a market-driven global company that combines complex, specialty chemicals to optimize the quality, performance and value of customers’ products while reducing their environmental impact. Lubrizol produces and supplies technologies to customers in the global transportation, industrial and consumer markets. These technologies include lubricant additives for engine oils, driveline and other transportation-related fluids, industrial lubricants, and additives for gasoline and diesel fuel. In addition, Lubrizol makes ingredients and additives for home care and personal care products and pharmaceuticals, and specialty materials, including plastics technology and performance coatings in the form of resins and additives.
The Customer Experience Representative (CER) processes customer orders from purchase order receipt through issuance of invoice. This role contributes to the Company’s success by ensuring that our customers find doing business with Lubrizol rewarding, cost effective, and reliable. The CER ensures complete customer satisfaction by effectively processing orders in SAP, timely communication with both internal partners (supply chain, credit, logistics, demand planning, sales and marketing) as well as external partners (warehouses, carriers) and their customers. Being an effective communicator both written and verbal and proactive in problem resolution is a must.
Key Job Accountabilities
1. The CER receives purchase orders and enters the sales orders into SAP. They are then responsible to ensure that the order entry, shipping and billing information is accurate for each order. The CER supports a large customer base (domestic and international) with positive traits including strong problem solving skills, Knowledge of SAP software, transportation, shipping and strong interpersonal skills.
2. The CER ensures that the customer order acknowledgments and invoices are generated timely, are accurate, and are sent to the customer via their preferred mode of receipt.
3. The CER role may include basic supply chain support to plants, warehouses or other source points. This may include access to customer’s procurement or logistics portals, SAP support, documentation assistance, or serving as a central contact point.
4. Good working relationships with business partners and co-workers are essential to success. Key characteristics for success are being detail oriented, accurate, dependable, and organized. Must be able to work in a team environment.
5. Look for opportunities for continuous process improvement within the fulfill order process.
6. The CER may serve as a trainer under the supervision of the Supervisor / Manager. They also strengthen the group by sharing best practices, knowledge and experience with others.
How You Will be Evaluated
To be successful as a CER, the person must be able to act both independently and on a team, knowing when to include the Manager, Account Managers, or other business management as appropriate in the decision making process.
Working knowledge of SAP, minimum of 2 years prior experience in domestic and/or export customer service in a manufacturing environment required. Familiarity with Microsoft Office software. Basic understanding of transportation and global incoterms and ship modes. A bachelor’s degree is preferred.
With multiple facilities in and around Cleveland, Ohio, Lubrizol is located in one of the largest economic regions in the United States. For the last seven years Lubrizol has been named one of the top workplaces in Northeast Ohio, and in 2016 was judged as the number one workplace by Northeast Ohio’s annual Top Workplaces survey. Buzzing with business, culture, knowledge and entertainment, Northeast Ohio is a vibrant place for people of all ages and walks of life to live, learn, work and play. This region offers a little bit of everything for everyone - ethnically-diverse communities, affordable housing, award-winning schools and universities, world-class healthcare, indoor waterparks and zoos, ski resorts, museums, halls of fame, one of the longest water-fronts in the country, and the most concentrated square mile of art, cultural, education and health institutions in the nation. From making your heart race at Cedar Point, to attending a professional sporting event or biking or hiking through over the 100,000 acres of state parks, to catching a Broadway show at Playhouse Square - the second largest performing arts center in the country, you can make it happen right here in Cleveland, Ohio.
Lubrizol is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, citizenship, age, religion, marital status, military service, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, or any other characteristic or trait protected by federal, state, or local law.