Do you enjoy working with children? Do have a passion for sports? Are you looking for a career and not just a job?
Kids In Sports may be the place for you!
Kids In Sports in Walpole has an immediate opening for a highly motivated and energetic person who is looking for a rewarding career. Our mission is to teach children the fundamentals of sports in a organized, safe, supportive and fun environment. Our programs are fast-paced, highly energetic and super fun. We are in search of a Sports Class Director who is looking for a part time job starting in January.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Class Director focuses efforts and attention on continuous improvement of the Kids In Sports programming. The Class Director has leadership responsibility for program execution. Class Directors ensure that Kids In Sports curriculum, teaching practices, and company standards are upheld by all coaching staff before, during, and after any Kids In Sports offering (class, camp, party, or event). The Class Director will be responsible for running classes, camps and parties at the Walpole facility and off-site at schools in the area. This will require driving the Kids In Sports van to various locations in the area. Class Directors must have experience working with toddlers, pre-k and preschool children.
What is Kids In Sports?
Kids In Sports is a specialized sports program for children ages 12 months - 12 years old. We teach the fundamentals of baseball, basketball, flag football, floor hockey, lacrosse, soccer, and volleyball through our multi-sport or sport-specific classes. Additionally, Kids In Sports runs several Mini and Summer Camps and also hosts Birthday Parties. Through the emphasis of sportsmanship, teamwork, respect and communication, our program serves as a building block for young athletes.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead sports activities with children ages 12 months to 12 years old during classes, camps and parties.
- Represent Kids In Sports to families and act as liaison with management to provide parent feedback and program interests.
- Consistently set an energetic, positive and enthusiastic tone.
- Coordinate and lead birthday parties for kids.
- Communicate daily to management on the performance of Coaches and keep up-to-date records of Coaches’ performance.
- Observe and provide feedback to existing Coaches.
- Train new Coaches.
- Accountable for ongoing improvement of Coach training program and Coach staff development.
Skills / Qualifications:
- Positive, outgoing and energetic.
- 1-2 years experience management/supervisory experience in children’s sports or recreational setting.
- 2-4 years experience working with children 12 months to 12 years old in sports or recreational activities.
- Experience developing and supervising athletic coaches is a plus.
- Customer-oriented with parents and caregivers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with running after-school programs at schools is a plus.
- Passion for sports and children.
- Must speak English.
- Must provide documentation of legal U.S. residency.
- Ability to stand for extended periods of time, bend and lift up to 50 lbs. sports equipment and supplies.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and be comfortable driving company vehicle
Hours & Schedule:
- Part time (approx. 20-25 hours per week)
- Weekday mornings from 8:30AM-12:00PM
- Availability on Weekends is a plus!
- Camps are held throughout the year at various times.
- Contingent on experience & performance
- Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $18.00 to $20.00 /hour
- working with children: 1 year (Required)