The Providence Animal Center is currently hiring for our Veterinary Technician position, offering approximately 24-28 hours per week. The shifts would generally be 8:45am-6pm, Monday-Friday with occasional Saturdays. Applicants must be well-spoken, punctual, dependable, and have reliable transportation. Flexibility in your schedule is a must and applicants must be prepared to regularly work days, nights, and weekends. Applicants must have a genuine desire to improve the lives of homeless pets and should enjoy working with the public. Our rate is $9.00 - $10.00 an hour based on experience.
- Experience in a veterinary clinic, veterinary hospital, and/or animal shelter required
- Customer service experience preferred
- Candidate should be highly motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with a professional attitude.
- Applicants must have the ability to multitask in a fast-paced team oriented environment
- Experience handling dogs and cats required
- Basic computer skills, data entry, ability to learn web based veterinary program
Surgery Department Duties:
- Responsible for prepping patients for surgery, observing all clinic procedures to enforce sterility and safety of patients.
- Able to monitor anesthesia, with a clear idea of abnormal conditions.
- Knowledge and ability to admit and discharge patients, including delivering post-operative instructions in a competent and friendly manner.
- General duties in the operating room during surgery to assist with movement of patients, recovery of patients, and general flow.
- Cleaning of facility and surgical pack preparation as assigned.
- Must be able to learn basic veterinary medical concepts including but not limited to vaccine protocols and anesthetic risks
- Must also be able to communicate basic veterinary concepts to owners and be able to repeat information relayed by a veterinarian
- Communicate with the public on a daily basis in a professional manner
Apply in person at the Providence Animal Center, 555 Sandy Bank Rd Media, PA 19063 12-7pm Monday-Friday, Saturday 11-6pm and 12-5pm Sunday.
Job Type: Part-time
- Veterinary Technician: 1 year (Required)
- veterinary assistant: 1 year (Required)