Audio Visual Field Engr with active TS-SCI Clearance for Northern, VA; metro DC; or, Baltimore, MD
is the single point of responsibility for commissioning of assigned Audio Visual projects utilizing technologies such as: Video Teleconferencing; Crestron Control; AMX Controls; Utelogy Controls; Polycom RealPresence; Cisco TelePresence; Acano Systems; Audio DSP systems; Dante; Biamp Nexia / Tesira; Extron; Projection Devices; Video Walls; Digital Signage Systems; Barco, Planar, Cyviz, Prysm, Vuewall Displays; Evertz technology; Wireless Microphones; PTZ Wall Cameras; VBrick technology; and, Skype for Business.
He/she is charged with the responsibility of working with assigned project managers and programmers in providing complete, full functional integrated audio visual systems. The Field Engineer position has two main focal points: (a) commissioning racks in the shop, and (b) commissioning systems in the field to the point that these systems are ready for client training. A Field Engineer also may provide customer training.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages own time to perform within defined schedule.
- Interfaces with assigned project manager and client contacts.
- Interfaces with all Tech-Ops and Engineering staff in the commissioning process.
- Responsible for redlining CAD documentation for as-built purposes.
- Responsible for communicating punch items to project manager.
- Responsible for IP configuration of all AV devices residing on a network.
- Responsible for filling out IP tables and storing these on the project server.
- Advanced capabilities for audio system setup and gain structure.
- Advanced capabilities for video system setup.
- Advanced capabilities for troubleshooting.
- Responsible for managing versions and storing final DSP code on the project server.
- Works with the programmer to ensure that latest code version is stored on the project server.
- Assists the project manager with handling client requested changes to scope (change orders).
- Works with programmer to define audio system controls.
- Assists technicians with field questions and clarifications.
- Responsible for completing commissioning QC checklists.
- Responsible for rack testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment.
- Responsible for field testing and escalating and resolving issues with equipment and programs.
- Provide assistance to service technicians.
- Provide training on AV systems to clients.
- Perform other tasks as requested by Director of Technical Operations
Required/Desired Knowledge, Experience and Skills:
- A degree in electrical or electronic engineering is preferable.
- General CTS preferred.
- Able to study towards and obtain CTS-I within 3 years of taking position.
- A thorough, demonstrable understanding of systems integration techniques.
- Skilled in the programming of audio DSP units from multiple vendors.
- Skilled in the loading of Crestron and AMX code and user interfaces.
- Understands basic IP networking.
- Can create customer training presentations in PowerPoint if required.
- Troubleshooting ace.
- Likes to travel.
- Able to multi-task.
- Excellent customer facing skills.