Veterans Rating Representative (Rating)

Veterans Benefits Administration - Los Angeles, CA (30+ days ago)3.9


To qualify for this position, applicants must meet all requirements by the closing date of this announcement: 04/25/2018.

Grade Requirement: To receive CTAP selection priority, you must apply for a vacancy at or below your current grade level. This position may have no promotion potential greater than your current position.

SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: You may qualify at the GS-12 level, if you fulfill the following qualification requirements:
GS-12: Applicants must have one (1) year of specialized experience equivalent to at least the next lower grade (GS-11). In addition to experience required at the GS-11 level, the applicant must document knowledge of anatomy and physiology, diseases and disabilities to assess sources of evidence and information to arrive at rating decisions. This includes the ability to read, understand and interpret medical and legal terminology. The applicant must document the ability to communicate in writing of wide range of veterans benefits laws and regulations that pertain to the entitlement for and award process of each VA benefit program.

Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religions; spiritual; community; student; social). Volunteer work helps build critical competencies, knowledge, and skills and can provide valuable training and experience that translates directly to paid employment. You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.

The following documents are required:
Resume detailing specialized experience and competencies
Your official notice from the VA to support your CTAP eligibility
Copy of your most recent Annual Performance Appraisal
Copy of your most recent SF-50 (do not submit an award SF-50)
Please use this checklist to make sure you have included other documents required for your application, such as a copy of your transcript (if using education to qualify), documentation to support Veterans Preference claims, or ICTAP/CTAP documentation (for displaced Federal employees). You will not be contacted for additional information.