Southern Aluminum Finishing Co. Inc.:
Southern Aluminum Finishing Co. (SAF) is among the nation’s most complete sources for aluminum finishing products and services. For over half a century, Subcontractors, Architects, Design/Build Contractors, Owners, and other Manufacturers have relied on SAF’s materials expertise in: Custom Fabrication, Coils, Powder Coatings, Custom Anodizing, Paint Finishes, Prefinished Aluminum Sheet, Architectural Extrusions & Architectural Roofing Products. Based in Atlanta, Georgia, SAF has manufacturing plants in Georgia, Indiana, Tennessee, and California. SAF is the only service center in the country with anodizing and painting facilities, a full-time fabrication center, and an unparalleled stock of sheet and extrusions from a single source.
Job Title: Building Materials Jr. Project Manager
Department: SAF Perimeter Systems Sales
Reports To: Perimeter Systems Product Manager
FLSA Status: Non exempt
Manages Others: Non-Supervisory Position
Employee Type: Entry Level – Full time
Industry: Building Materials; Architecture – Building; Manufacturing
Compensation: $16.00 to $20.00 per hour
Benefits: Medical Insurance, 401K, Tuition reimbursement, Dental available, Vision available, Paid Holidays, vacation and sick time
Prepares estimates for customers by developing detailed takeoffs from architectural drawings and Contract Document Specifications. Handles all aspects of custom fabricated Architectural metals including custom drainage systems, copings and cornice projects from the initial inquiry, estimating, order entry, scheduling, expediting, and after order follow-ups. Records interview information into computer and on paper for customer service by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Communicates with customers by phone, fax, Email or in person. Candidates must be professional in both their conduct and communication skills.
- Provides design assistance and solutions to Architects and customers.
- Analyzes and comprehend construction documents to include architectural and structural drawings in conjunction with the project specification.
- Reviews Contract Document Specifications to determine if SAF Perimeter Systems can supply the product the customer seeks to buy.
- Prepares complete estimates in proposal format using quotation software and enters orders using SAFquote for custom fabrication projects after P.O. is received.
- Develops detailed takeoffs from architectural drawings using quantity takeoff software and determines the scope of work for each project.
- Prepares quotations for gutters, coping, cornice, and custom fabrication projects.
- Handles inquiries for estimates, scheduling, and after order follow-up.
- Must be very organized and highly detail-oriented. Should be able to handle different stages of multiple jobs at the same time to assure the schedule is met in regards to getting customers quote or shipment on time.
- Candidate must be highly motivated and able to meet daily deadlines for customer quotation inquiries. Procrastination will not work in this job.
- Ability to work independently
- Review and approve shop and production drawings.
- The candidate will work closely with CAD, Fabrication, Paint, and Anodizing Departments to assure projects proceed correctly. Some problems must be handled on the shop floor.
- Provides technical support and application support for complete spectrum of SAF Perimeter Systems products and services. Travel may be required.
- Be artful in adjusting customer expectations for custom products and in managing risks associated with manufacturing unusual or one-of-a-kind products.
- Solicits sale of new or additional services. Contact customers regarding larger estimates for status of job and close of the sale.
- Resolves complaints concerning products, billing, or service rendered. Enters complaints into the company database. The position is authorized to issue credits to resolve complaints that do not exceed $500 per incident.
- Keep records of customer interactions or transactions, recording details of inquiries, complaints, or comments, as well as actions taken.
- Recommends improvements, changes, or new techniques and procedures. Innovate using process thinking and continuous improvement.
- Be flexible: performs various other duties as required by your supervisor.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. The average of ACT WorkKeys assessments must be 5 or higher. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year College or University; or three years related residential or commercial construction experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Candidate must have or be able to achieve CDT Certification from CSI. Autodesk 2-D and 3-D modeling is a plus but not required. Knowledge of MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and Adobe Acrobat is required.
Good listening skills are prerequisite. Candidate must be able to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of the organization. Must score 4 or better on the ACT WorkKeys Assessments for Reading for Information and Locating Information. Other language skills include:
- Ability to read and interpret production instructions and workplace graphics such as detailed engineering drawings, blueprints, safety rules, schedule reports, part drawings, forms, tables, graphs, or diagrams.
- Summarize information from one or more detailed graphics
- Identify trends shown in one or more detailed or complicated graphics
- Compare information and trends from one or more complicated graphics
- Ability to read, write routine reports and correspondence in English including:
- Author narrative reports via email and use our Sharepoint forums
- Understand acronyms, paraphrased definitions of a technical term, and industry jargon.
- Apply technical terms and jargon and relate them to new situations.
- Apply complex instructions that include conditionals to situations described in the materials.
- Interpret and apply company policies and safety regulations
Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference, and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Must score 5 or better on the ACT WorkKeys Assessment for Applied Mathematics. Examples of daily tasks include:
- Decide what information, calculations, or unit conversions to use to solve the problem.
- Lookup a formula and perform single-step conversions within or between systems of measurement. For example convert centimeters to inches.
- Calculate using mixed units (e.g., 3.5 hours and 4 hours 30 minutes)
- Find the best deal using one- and two-step calculations and then compare results.
- Calculate lineal dimensions, perimeters, and areas from fabrication drawings calling on Algebra or Geometry skills.
- Calculate percent discounts or markups
GENERAL SKILLS AND REASONING ABILITY
Must actively look for ways to help people and be able to persuade others to change their minds or behavior. Must have the ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands to type, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms, and talk or hear. The employee is also required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK ENVIRONMENT While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, outside weather conditions, extreme cold, and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. All SAF facilities are tobacco-free.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $16.00 - $20.00 per hour
SAF has a detailed Infectious Disease Response Program that we can share with applicants after their phone or teleconference interview upon request.
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Company's Facebook page:
- Waiting period may apply
- Only full-time employees eligible