Ascend Learning; LLC (http://www.ascendlearning.com/) is a leading provider of technology-based educational, curriculum and assessment solutions for high-growth careers in a range of industries, including healthcare, fitness and wellness, and insurance and financial services. We provide outcomes-based solutions aimed at helping people enter, sustain and succeed in their chosen fields. Ascend employs more than 1,200 employees, with headquarters in Burlington, Mass., and offices in Kansas City metro, Phoenix metro, Minneapolis-St. Paul, Walnut Creek, California, Ann Arbor, Michigan, New York, and the U.K.
Since 1989, National Healthcareer Association (NHA) has been partnering with allied health education programs, organizations and employers across the nation to award more than 500,000 allied health certifications. We offer eight nationally accredited exams, certification preparation and study materials; industry- leading outcomes-based data analytics, as well as ongoing professional development and continuing education for our certification holders.
NHA is searching for a highly motivated, innovative individual to assist with the development of new educational and training solutions for students, professionals, and educators in allied health professions. The Content Strategist position is primarily responsible for the strategy, design, and validation of learning products and educational content needs of clinical and administrative allied health professionals. The strategist will work collaboratively with customers and business and technical teams, to ensure products are developed and launched in accordance with the strategy and design. They will work with other subject matter experts (SMEs), external content writers, designers and developers to successfully implement market-leading solutions with strong customer adoption and learning outcomes.
Working from our Leawood, KS office preferred. Remote opportunity is possible.
- Drives the strategy and development of innovative content solutions that address the needs of clinical and administrative Allied Health professionals through a deep understanding of market problems.
- Works closely with the product manager to develop a relevant content plan, producing and communicating outcomes-based learning goals, detailed requirements and clarifying deliverables for each project.
- Research and present recommendations for content assets and communications across multiple channels in support of strategic objectives.
- Consults with industry subject matter experts to define business objectives and opportunities related to content.
- Collaborates with teams to follow educational content design best practices and ensure business requirements are met.
- Provides expertise in e-learning trends and emerging technologies, learning/instructional design best practices, and assessment and learning validation strategies.
- Develops, maintains and strengthens working relationships with content authors, subject matter experts (SME), external vendors, and internal partners. This includes working closely with content developers to outline a strong vision for each solution.
- Works with product manager to assess efficacy and outcomes associated with delivered solutions.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in allied health field, education, product, or related field.
- 5+ years’ experience developing educational products.
- Strong background in clinical laboratory, coding and billing and working in the electronic health record.
- A strong interest in and understanding of trends in digital education and educational technology, content design best practices, and assessment strategies especially as applied to skills-based education and training.
- Ability to develop strategies, learning goals, and product requirements.
- Clinical experience or experience in the design of educational products in a clinical environment.
- Demonstrates thoughtful, strategic and customer focused decision making.
- Takes initiative, leads change and solves problems; takes ownership with minimal supervision
- Open minded and flexible in navigating road blocks and creating innovative solutions
- Ability to collaborate with key stakeholders with a high degree of functional diversity
- Exhibits strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to track multiple projects simultaneously and provide clear and consistent status reports to key stakeholders
Ascend Learning, LLC is proud to be an equal opportunity employer (M/F/Vets/Disabled). No agency or search firm submissions will be accepted. Applications for U.S. based positions with Ascend Learning, LLC must be legally authorized to work in the United States and verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.