Did you know that Amazon already has a vibrant and thriving marketplace where 2.6 million sellers experience great success selling their products? Come join us in taking the innovation in our sellers business and technology to the next level. Marketplace and sellers worldwide on Amazon are collectively responsible for selling about 1/3 of all items ordered on Amazon. The business continues to be a growth engine year-over-year. We are looking for a Technical Program Manager to lead our mission to further empower Amazon marketplace sellers and the Seller Fulfilled Prime business.
In this role you will work closely with stakeholders, software engineers and product teams to deliver our most complex, high quality, scalable products deployed around the world. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies.
Successful candidates will:
- Have a technical background
- Be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities.
- Be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions
- Be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, and continuous process improvement.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or similar major.
- 5+ years’ experience managing software development projects with aggressive schedules.
- 5+ years of experience in a software engineering role
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Interact with Project Sponsors, Technical Program Managers and multiple Development Teams to define and deliver complex features.
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.