Stovepipe Wells Village, located in Death Valley National Park, offers an amazing experience like no other. You'll enjoy the serene, tranquil setting of the high desert and bask in the views of a vibrant night sky. Escape the city and the crowds and join us in Death Valley.
We are seeking a full-time Food Safety Specialist to join our culinary team!!
Employee housing is available at extremely affordable rates and benefits are offered to all full-time employees working more than 30 hours per week.
The Food Safety Specialist (a Lead position) will have the opportunity to enhance their culinary experience by working closely with the Sous Chef to ensure that all health and safety requirements are met in the kitchen. Success in this position can lead to further growth opportunities within the restaurant.
Summary: Responsible for ensuring that back of house processes related to maintaining a clean and safe environment are implemented and managed in a timely and efficient manner.
- Accurate receiving and logging of all food and non-food products for kitchen operation;
- Ensure proper dating and rotation in all appropriate storage areas;
- Notify Kitchen Manager of discrepancies with deliveries pertaining to food items;
- Maintain dish machine temperature logs;
- Ensure proper chemicals in dish machine and pot sink;
- Oversee food waste, recycling, and trash efforts to meet sustainability standards;
- Practice correct food handling and food storage procedures according to laws and regulations;
- Regular monitoring of food temps to ensure safety at all times;
- Ensure that all health and safety inspections are passed due to a sanitary and safe environment;
- Actively participate in maintaining a positive work environment that fosters camaraderie.
- Possess Serv Safe certification;
- Possess knowledge of food preparation and storage, sanitation requirements and commercial kitchen equipment;
- Possess strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- Majority of shift will be spent in a fast-paced environment and in close proximity to other people;
- Able to lift 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally. Frequent bending, twisting, squatting and lifting will be required and spending up to 8 hours per day on feet.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent)
- One year back of house kitchen experience
- One year food safety experience
- One year customer service experience
Stove Pipe Wells is an equal opportunity employer.
Employee housing is available at low rates and no pets are allowed in company housing.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $14.00 /hour
- culinary: 1 year (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Death Valley National Park, CA (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance