The Lot Attendant is expected to:
- Protect the legal, financial and moral well-being of the Larry H. Miller Companies dealerships;
- Ensure vehicles are clean, secured and organized (including parts) in working environment;
- Be a teacher to support the efforts of other employees to be successful.
- Seek ways to improve business operations efficiencies and customer service.
Ensure maximum productivity, customer service and cost control
Operate with integrity:
- Wash, clean, and dry all cars as required and ready for delivery.
- Effectively communicate with technicians and management to ensure the operation is appropriately cleaned, organized and safe.
- Advise service manager of needed repairs and/or maintenance.
- Ensure all vehicles are secured and locked prior to close of business.
- Perform all job duties requested by management.
- Demand the highest ethical standards from self and others.
- Set an example of positive attitude and professionalism, including a neat, orderly and safe work environment.
- Communicate and resolve customer complaints to appropriate management.
- High school diploma or the equivalent, preferred.
- Maintain valid driver's license and MVR within company policy requirements.
- Minimum of 18 years old.
- Basic communication skills -- ability to read and write.
- Knowledge of automotive repair and maintenance.
- One year experience as a detailer preferred.
- Respirator qualification recommended.
- Ability to use hand and power tools as well as other machinery safely.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is exposed to weather conditions precedent at that time.
- Work performed in a shop setting, as well as exposure to shop environment such as noise, dust, odors and fumes, chemicals and adhesives.
- Required to lift up to a minimum of 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, bend, kneel, reach, talk, hear, use hands and fingers, handle or operate objects, tools or controls.
- Occasionally required to stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Required vision include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and the ability to adjust focus.
- Required to operate equipment and move vehicles in a safe manner at all times.
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies to perform the essential functions of this position:
- Leadership- the individual demonstrates ethical and followership behaviors which promotes Larry H. Miller standards resulting in a cohesive and effective team.
- Compliance- the individual understands and adheres to all Company standards, state and federal laws and regulations as well as product pricing guidelines of all lenders, agencies or business partners.
- Customer Service- the individual understands his/her role in providing excellent customer service through the defined Larry H. Miller processes which promote efficiencies, fairness and cost effectiveness.
- Ethics/Integrity- the individual represents the Larry H. Miller Group of Companies by conducting his/her self in a professional and courteous business manner that demonstrates integrity and avoids the actual or perception of a conflict of interest.
- Oral Communication- the individual clearly identifies and professionally expresses issues in positive or negative situations.
- Planning/Organizing- the individual prioritizes and plans work activities and uses time efficiently.
- Quality- the individual demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness and monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Dependability- the individual is consistently at work and on time, follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Safety and Security- the individual observes safety and security procedures and uses equipment and materials properly.
The need may arise to revise, supplement, or rescind portions of this job description, and dealership management reserves the right to do so at anytime. Employee shall be required to meet the qualifications and perform the duties of any revised job description.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled