The Advanced Registered Nurse Practitioner (ARNP) provides primary health care to FGCU students for acute and chronic health problems within protocols established mutually with licensed medical professionals. Documents patient care in an electronic health record, maintains confidentiality of patient’s personal health information, and provides care within the state of Florida scope of practice.
Certification as an ARNP in accordance with Chapter 464, Florida Statutes*
Board Certification in Family Health, Adult Health or Women’s Health.
Master’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent accreditation in Nursing.
Two years of experience in a primary health care setting.
Experience with electronic health records.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Essential Job Duties
- Performs physical exam and gynecological exam as needed, based on age and history.
- Identifies health risk factors and prescribes medications within protocols established with the Medical Director. Inputs all information into the electronic health record.
- Provides direct primary care including ordering and interpreting diagnostic laboratory tests, referring patients to the appropriate medical specialists or agencies, providing appropriate health education, and supporting health promotion and disease prevention.
- Administers initial treatment for emergency cases. Coordinates students care and follows-up as needed.
- Provides care that safeguards students’ dignity and respects their cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Posting Detail Information
Posting Number TS95P
Open Date 04/27/2018
Open Until Filled Yes
Special Instructions to Applicants
As a temporary employee, you may not be eligible to participate in all employee benefit programs (e.g. paid leave, retirement, or tuition reimbursement).