As an Android Software Engineer, you will develop Android OS based SW products for Byton cars. This includes working in all layers of Android. The ultimate goal is to make the best user experience with Byton’s unique hardware/software systems. You will work closely with the hardware, operations, UI/UX design, and quality assurance teams
- You will be responsible for integrate partner SDKs into Byton software at all levels to create best HMI for our users.
- You will be responsible to customize Android frameworks.
- Create Android app software that communicates with cloud-based services, other Apps, mobile device functions and connected devices.
- Work closely with stakeholders (architects, product owners, UX designers, project managers) and other development team members
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field. 3+ years of experience in Android app development, with strong programming skills such as Java, C/C++.
- Knowledge of core Android APIs, security practices, frameworks, facilities, UI styles and paradigms
- App/UI development portfolio that demonstrates real-life experience with mainstream mobile apps used by a broad consumer install base
- Good understanding of Android related programming patterns and operating system facilities
- Understand how to work with UX/UI designers to create a usable app with delightful user experience
- Experience with creating APIs or Libraries for third party developers
- Good understanding cloud-based service integration.
- In-depth software expertise with one or more of the following modules: voice, media, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, navigation, graphics etc.
- Familiar with Linux build environment and Android Studio IDE.
- Rich experience in working with QA, build, and product teams.
- Strong problem solving skills.