Junior Software Developer
Location: Philadelphia, PA
Assignment: Contract/Contract to Direct
*Must be available for onsite interview*
The Junior Software Developer will be working to support Implementation and Technical Operations. Junior Software Developer will be working on developing new products as well as implementing projects relevant to the all services and business areas. The Junior Software Developer will work under the guidance of Information Technology team to build or enhance infrastructure that supports the different business areas.
- Manage and deploy key pieces of infrastructure in Amazon Web Services using an Infrastructure-as-Code approach.
- Develop and refine Marketplace – “MarketStreet” Application Programing Interfaces (APIs) using Test Driven Development (TDD).
- Assist Population Health team with developing platform to leverage and present data using visualization tools and data warehousing solutions.
- Support Business Go Live Meetings for implementations and services with technical, clinical and or business leaders and participating organizations.
- Create and maintain code mappings, when necessary, for translating codes of sending facilities’ HL7/X12 messages.
- Design and develop innovative software solutions that solve tough challenges for HSX through automation and improved efficiency.
- Manage multiple job duties through efficient task management.
- Communicate effectively with business partners and clients when needed.
- Additional Responsibilities
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices; participating in professional societies.
- Recommends information technology strategies, policies, and procedures by evaluating organization outcomes; identifying problems; evaluating trends; anticipating requirements.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Two (2) or more years of experience in software development. If less than two (2) years of experience, then relevant technical abilities using the preferred technologies listed would be acceptable
- Experience with Cloud Computing providers (AWS Preferred)
- Experience with data visualization tools (e.g., Tableau)
- Experience in a healthcare or healthcare support industry is strongly desired
- Development experience in any object-oriented programming language (e.g. C#, Java, etc.)
- Strong knowledge in Object Oriented Programing (OOP), Object Oriented Development (OOD), and design patterns
- Experience with using both relational and non-relational databases and SQL (Postgres, MySQL preferred)
- Ability to translate requests and questions into executable code, customize queries or code as needed to adjust for data quality and other known issues within database (relational databases like Postgres and non-SQL databases)
- Knowledge of HIE services and Health Information Technology (HIT) and networking.
- Experience developing healthcare integration applications using any standardized interface engine with Mirth Connect preferred or equivalent: Cloverleaf or Rhapsody as an example
- Experience with working with large and complex data sets, healthcare data and database structures, and data modeling and report generation
- Experience with NextGen (Mirth) Connect, NextGen (Mirth) Results, NextGen (Mirth) Match, and NextGen (Mirth) Mail or similar HIE technologies
- Experience with modern frontend frameworks (e.g. React)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) approaches
- Experience with statistical languages (e.g., R)
- Experience with “Big Data” frameworks and standards (e.g. AWS EMR, Hadoop, Spark, Parquet) a huge plus
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
- Software Development: 2 years (Required)