Make a meaningful impact as a Marketing Assistant with Rooted Hospitality Group. Rooted Hospitality Group (RHG, or Rooted) is an award-winning, Long Island-based restaurant hospitality company that has been exceeding customers’ expectations for nearly 10 years.
The entry-level, part-time Marketing Assistant will work closely with the Director of Marketing on a variety of administrative and hospitality duties supporting the restaurant group with their marketing, customer-focused, and business development initiatives. The successful candidate for this role will demonstrate excellent communication both written and verbal, be highly organized, have an affinity towards customer service, as well as exhibit flexibility, a curiosity to learn, and the ability to adapt as goals and strategies evolve.
- APPLY HERE: https://my.peoplematter.com/mja/jahgroup/jobapp/GetStarted?sourceCode=rootedhg.com/indeed
Provide assistance to the Director of Marketing with administrative tasks that support marketing and business development strategies, on responsibilities such as, but not limited to:
- Oversee and engage daily with all review sites, responding to each review in a timely and pleasant manner;
- Engage daily with guests via email correspondence, responding to questions, comments, and concerns, providing solutions in a timely and efficient manner, and following up with internal team when / where necessary;
- Assist in the management of all community donation requests – from receipt of request through tracking and evaluation of donation looking at ROI;
- Help implement traditional marketing tactics including flyers, menu updates, collateral creation, e-newsletters, outreach efforts, etc.;
- Ensure overall brand consistency and messaging by maintaining collateral and other sales / display material for each restaurant and its promotions, keeping an accurate inventory of material, repurchasing as directed, and delivering to the stores on a timely basis;
- Follow editorial calendar to help create blog posts and gather content for websites, social media, and e-newsletters, drafting and deploying email newsletters while maintaining marketing database;
- Perform basic website updates;
- Travel as directed to pick up or distribute marketing materials as needed;
- Assist with internal and off-site events and special projects, making sure events run flawlessly and on-brand through execution;
- Assist in maintaining annual budget/s, including working with Unit Accountants on submission of invoices and follow-up with outside vendors where necessary;
- Help maintain ad schedule;
- Account maintenance of Yelp, Google My Business, TripAdvisor, etc.;
- Help research new markets and industry trends as directed;
- Assist with special projects and events, as necessary.
- Strong grammar, proofreading, writing, and editing skills;
- Excellent organization skills and ability to be flexible with changing priorities;
- Reliable and capable of working independently or following specific directives;
- Positive attitude and work ethic;
- Ability to work well under pressure with the ability to self-manage timelines and deadlines;
- Excellent multi-tasking skills with strong attention to detail and follow-through;
- Good judgment and strong sense of integrity;
- Collaborative and creative;
- An over communicator;
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop, with Adobe Illustrator and photo editing skills a strong plus;
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite;
- Experience with MyEmma, or other email client, as well as working knowledge of WordPress;
- Interest in photography or videography a plus;
- Must love to learn new technology with an open mind in an ever-evolving digital world;
- Passion and love for the food and hospitality industry.
Recent graduate with a Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Communications, English, or related degree program.
Working Conditions / Compensation
- 20-25 hours a week, some weekends or evenings;
- Some travel as needed; must have clean license and reliable transportation;
- Environment: Office environment, as well as restaurants and shows / events;
As a member of the RHG team, you are an ambassador of our brands. You are passionate about your role and always curious about how to make a guest’s experience memorable. You are naturally a social person and your welcoming expression makes each guest feel like they are the only person in the room. It comes naturally to you…it’s in your DNA. Their first impression of RHG is a lasting one, and it’s all starts with you.
Rooted Hospitality Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of an applicant’s or employee’s race, color, religion, national origin, sex, gender identity/expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, citizenship, ancestry, pregnancy, familial status, actual or perceived status as a victim of domestic violence, dating violence or stalking, or any other legally protected status entitled to protection under federal, state, or local anti-discrimination laws.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 per hour
- customer service skills: 1 year (Preferred)
- marketing: 1 year (Preferred)
- photography: 1 year (Preferred)
- Store Discounts
- Other forms
- Flexible schedule
- Professional development assistance