The Director of Development (DOD) will have primary responsibility for planning, directing and managing programs and activities, including employee giving and special events, to secure charitable contributions for the Presbyterian Healthcare Foundation, and will work with board members and volunteers to execute these programs. The DOD will also manage a portfolio of corporate and individual prospects and donors to ensure their cultivation, solicitation and stewardship.
- Manages a portfolio of 150-200 donors and ensures timely cultivation, solicitation and stewardship activities are undertaken.
- Reporting to the VP-Foundation Annual Giving, the DOD develops and recommends goals and objectives for PHS fundraising, implementing campaigns, techniques, and department policies and developing budget to achieve such goals.
- Designs and implements fundraising campaigns and special event appeals using direct mail, personal solicitation, involvement of business organizations, and partnership with Presbyterian Leadership. Develops and designs correspondence, brochures and other materials for gift solicitation and stewardship.
- Develops rapport with existing and potential donors to discuss giving options. Suggests specific programs and medical needs that could be addressed through gifts. Provides reports and information to key prospects and donors through stewardship events, newsletters, and mailings.
- Acts as a liaison between Foundation and internal and external customers. Works with Presbyterian Leadership to identify new and existing programs and projects that can benefit from philanthropy and establish and execute fundraising initiatives.
- Directs all activities as related to the annual PRESGiving Employee Campaign, with annual revenues exceeding $2.6 million. This includes identifying, cultivating, soliciting and stewarding employee base of more than 13,000. Conducts department solicitation presentations, campaign logistics and events, stewardship, and recruiting and managing volunteers and providing them with leadership and direction in support of the cultivation and solicitation of donors and prospects.
- Develops tools and resources for the management of donor data to facilitate accurate reporting and systematic flow of information.
- Accountable for the solicitation and procurement of all event sponsorship, sales, cash donations and additional event revenues. PHF Special Events are extremely large in scale and magnitude and gross more than $900,000 dollars to the organization.
- Guides the overall strategy and execution of all Foundation fundraising and stewardship events. This includes the creation and management of sponsor benefits for each of our annual fundraisers.
- Directs and supports the Special Events Specialist with the coordination and implementation of all special events, including donor cultivation, stewardship events, and leadership/major gift donor recognition events.
- Take a lead role in goal setting, performance measurements, rewards and recognition for direct reports and key staff.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the VP-Foundation Annual Giving to ensure direction and outstanding execution of annual signature fundraising events, particularly Laughter is the Best Medicine and Daffodil Days.
Bachelor's degree required. Previous fundraising background required.
Benefits are effective day-one (for .45 FTE and above) and include:
Full medical, dental and vision insurance
Flexible spending accounts (FSAs)
Free wellness programs
Paid time off (PTO)
Retirement plans, including matching employer contributions
Continuing education and career development opportunities
Life insurance and short/long term disability programs