Help Desk Technician I, working under the direction of the Information Technology Manager, is responsible for providing technical support to the end users by resolving problems, installing hardware and software, and supporting the internal Helpdesk by responding to, updating, and closing help tickets. This individual will be responsible for installation and support of the agency’s PCs, printers, peripherals, and other related equipment. Tasks will include end user support, managing inventory and ticket systems. The Help Desk Technician 1 is the first point of contact for employees.
- Provide helpdesk support and resolve problems to the end user’s satisfaction.
- Perform proper intake, triage, troubleshooting, escalation and resolution for all requests received through the IT helpdesk.
- Properly escalate unresolved issues to the next level of support.
- Modify configurations, utilities, software default settings, ect for the local workstation as needed to resolve identified issues.
- Utilize and maintain the helpdesk tracking software.
- Document internal procedures.
- Assist with training and onboarding of new users.
- Ensure each workstation has a computer, monitor, keyboard, mouse, hard drive, and any additional specialized equipment.
- Assign/Un-assign users and computers to proper groups in Active Directory.
- Works with Electronic Health Record system supporting account maintenance and unlocking services.
- Com plies with federal, state, and local financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
- Maintains customer confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
Education and/or Experience
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills.
- Strong Interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Business with Technology Interest
- Experience in a Clinical Setting
- 1-year of experience with any clinical systems such as PACS, RRIS, LIS, EPIC, Credible, Greenway etc
- 1-year experience with Microsoft 365, Azure and Active Directory
- 1-year of experience as IT help desk role
- 1-year experience with LAN, WAN and TCP/IP troubleshooting
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Internship
Salary: $36,000.00 to $46,000.00 /year
- Relevant: 1 year (Preferred)
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Healthcare spending or reimbursement accounts such as HSAs or FSAs
- Other types of insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts
Hours per week: