Cary Medical Center has an exciting opportunity for a CNA/ED Tech to join our Emergency Department team. The successful candidate will demonstrate an ability to be flexible, organized and should effectively function under stressful situations. This individual will collaborate with providers and nursing staff on patient care, concerns and needs.
1. Collaborate with nurses and physicians as needed to maximize team effectiveness.
2. Maintain fax machine, printers and PCs, while troubleshooting problems.
3. Report patient concerns to the Primary Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager for follow-up.
4. Courteously interact with all hospital staff, and answer/respond to telephone calls.
5. Obtain and monitor needed supplies/equipment; make recommendations to The ED Primary Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
6. Function as a Certified Nurse’s Assistant as directed by ED Primary Charge Nurse or Nurse Manager.
7. Assist physicians and nurses in contacting other physicians/offices in any way needed.
8. Actively participate in departmental quality management by completing assigned audits and data collection. Collating data as requested, maintaining knowledge of annual QM plan.
9. Accurately enters orders within CPSI when necessary.
10. Consults other departments, as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient’s needs.
1. Must have an active valid CNA certificate in Maine.
2. High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
3. Obtains BLS certification within 1 year of hire into this position and maintains current certification thereafter.
With consideration to our patients’ and staff needs, you may need to work on days, evenings, nights, weekends and/or holidays and may need to float to other units.
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical exemption is approved).
To see full job description or to get further information call Jamie at 207-498-1270 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org
We offer a comprehensive benefits package to include Health, Dental Vison, retirement and paid time off. To see a full benefits package click here: Benefit Information