Job specifications are intended to present a descriptive list of the range of duties performed by employees. Specifications are not intended to reflect all duties performed within the job.
Bering Straits Logistics Services, a subsidiary of Bering Straits Native Corporation is seeking a Supply Technician. The Supply Technician performs various aspects of supply management work. Will be under general supervision and will perform consistently with Army Regulations and FAR/DFAR policy and procedures. This position is in Lexington, KY.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
QUALIFICATIONS - EXPERIENCE, EDUCATION AND CERTIFICATION
Required (Minimum) Qualifications
- Knowledge of the governing inventory supply and purchasing systems, programs, policies, nomenclature, work methods, manuals, FAR/DFAR or other established guidelines.
- Experience with inventory control, stock levels, SLAMIS, NSN, MCN.
- Analytical ability to define or recognize the dimension of the problems involved, to collect the necessary data, to establish the facts, and to take or recommend action based upon application or interpretation of established guidelines.
- This work may require consideration of program requirements, together with specific variations in or from standardized guidelines and Army regulations.
- Assignments will relate to supply management operations; or to functions/subjects that are narrow in scope.
- The work generally involves individual case problems or supply actions.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- High school diploma required.
- Must obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance.
- Must be able to pass pre-employment drug/alcohol test and background check
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR preferred.
- Experience with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Internet.
- Basic analytical and creative problem solving skills.
- Excellent customer service skills including verbal communication, interpersonal, and planning/organizational skills.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledge of FAR/DFAR preferred.
- Knowledge of Army Regulations preferred.
Essential and marginal functions may require maintaining physical condition necessary for bending, stooping, sitting, walking or standing for prolonged periods of time; most of time is spent sitting in a comfortable position with frequent opportunity to move about.
Work Environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be borne by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Job is performed in an office setting with exposure to computer screens and requires extensive use of a computer, keyboard, mouse and multi-line telephone system. The work described herein is primarily a modern office setting. May require travel. During travel you may be required to stand for long periods of time indoors or outdoors during various weather conditions.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFYING FACTORS
- No supervisory responsibilities.
As a condition of employment, may be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening, as well as have acceptable reference and background check results to obtain access to military base. Must have reliable transportation to/from work a necessity and must be able to obtain access to military installations.
BSNC gives hiring, promotion, training and retention preference to BSNC shareholders, BSNC shareholder descendants and BSNC shareholder spouses, in that order.
Bering Straits Native Corporation is an Equal Opportunity/ AA/ Male/ Female/ Disability/ Vets employer.
We participate in the E-Verify Employment Verification Program. We are a drug free workplace.
Visit our website at
www.beringstraits.com for more details and to apply.
# of Vacancies