Be a Redistricting Reform Fellow with ProGeorgia!
ProGeorgia seeks several energetic and dynamic Fair Districts Fellows who will help grow and develop the ProGeorgia Table’s capacity to educate and mobilize organizations, supporters and the public on the issue of redistricting. With the 2020 census approaching, we have an opportunity to advance an agenda that calls for a fair and transparent redistricting process. Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Plan at least one 2-day townhall meeting, in partnership with your host organization and the Redistricting Campaign Manager. This includes logistics, outreach, and scheduling 1on1 follow up meetings with individual stakeholders like community leaders and elected officials.
- Organize community meetings and events on census and redistricting, utilizing workshop template provided by the host organization.
- Grow a base of informed community members by utilizing social media posts on FB, Twitter, and the campaign website.
- Other duties as assigned
- Commitment to the goals of the ProGeorgia Table including civic engagement and economic, social, and racial justice;
- Experience coordinating logistics for community events;.
- Demonstrated attention to detail and the ability to successfully juggle multiple responsibilities;
- Ability to work with a diverse population, including an older demographic;
- Ability to travel throughout Georgia and willingness to work irregular hours;
- Diplomatic, professional approach to problem-solving, and the ability to think independently and creatively; and
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Google Suite, Internet organizing, and social media.
- Community organizing or outreach experience
- Basic knowledge about redistricting, census and other core voter rights issues facing us today.
- Basic understanding of Georgia’s state legislative process
- Spanish language, conversational, a plus
Equal employment opportunity and having a diverse staff are fundamental principles at ProGeorgia, where employment and promotional opportunities are based upon individual capabilities and qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
Job Type: Internship
Salary: $15.00 /hour
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Preferred)
- Legislation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Logistics: 1 year (Preferred)
- Social Networking: 1 year (Preferred)
- Google Suite: 1 year (Preferred)