Who we are
Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal’s 244 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom, enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
When applying for a job you are required to create an account, if you have already created account - click Sign In.
Creating an account will allow you to follow the progress of your applications.
Provide full legal first Name/Family Name
DO: Capitalize first letter of First and Last Name. Example: John Smith
Capitalize entire First and/or Last Name. Example: JOHN SMITH
Use correct grammar for Names with multiple cases. Example: McDonald or O'Connell
Provide full address details
Resume is required
Multiple attachments can be uploaded including Resume and Cover Letter for each application
Job Description Summary:
Global Investigations (GI) is seeking a highly talented, self-motivated and analytical individual to conduct internal investigations under the Global Financial Crimes Compliance Program. This role requires prior investigative experience relating to employee misconduct, to include potential violation of PayPal’s policies and procedures, ethical misconduct, and/or criminal activity. This role also requires a self-starter with the ability to think critically and strategically when handling investigations, seeing beyond the initial facts presented and reviewing information thoroughly and in a highly organized manner to drive the investigation to conclusion. This role also requires the ability to operate independently, manage multiple competing priorities with difficult deadlines, and exhibit a sense of urgency when necessary.
Primary Job Responsibilities
- Conduct end-to-end internal investigations to include triaging the referral, creating an investigation strategy, conducting investigative research, gathering evidence, fact finding, conducting witness and subject interviews, and making a determination on misconduct and recommendation with regard to potential employment action.
- Partner with Human Resources, Employment Counsel, the businesses, and others, as necessary, across geographical regions to ensure a timely, thorough, and objective internal investigation is conducted.
- Draft timely detailed investigation reports to share investigative findings and recommendations with stakeholders to include Human Resources, Employment Counsel, the business and others on a need-to-know basis.
- Drive investigations to a timely conclusion following the completion of a comprehensive analysis of information across multiple platforms and jurisdictions to timely and appropriately detect potentially suspicious activity and fulfill time-sensitive regulatory filing obligations; prepare drafts of Suspicious Activity Reports/STRs to ensure they are factually accurate and materially sound prior to submitting them for approval for filing;
- Identify broader policy and product issues where applicable, in the scope of critically analyzing investigative leads and root cause.
- Engage and partner with internal stakeholders and external partners in thinking and acting critically to identify opportunities for collaboration, raise awareness of investigative findings, and develop recommendations to mitigate risk.
- When applicable, report and refer matters to local law enforcement for potential prosecution of the subject(s).
- As necessary, provide investigative support with initiatives and projects to identify patterns, trending, and typologies in furtherance of the mission and purpose of the Global Investigations team.
- Investigators should stay current with internal policy changes and industry practices, and should seek opportunities to participate in enhancing current policies and controls in support of the mission and purpose of the Global Investigations team.
- Other related tasks as required
Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent work experience.
Minimum of three years professional experience conducting investigations related to counterterrorism/ terrorist financing, cybercrime, complex fraud/AML, insider abuse, and/or high profile/high priority events.
Experience at PayPal preferred and valued. Consideration will be given to candidates who have less than three years’ investigative experience but have PayPal institutional knowledge and have demonstrated strong skills applicable to the role.
Proven ability to analyze large amounts of data in order to report critical information
Ability to understand opposing points of view on highly complex issues
Experience working with data acquisition and forensic examination.
Advanced data query and analysis skills (SQL, SAS, Teradata, Hadoop, etc.)
Prior law enforcement experience a plus
Wicklander & Zulawski interview training a plus
CAMS designation a plus
Travel, as needed
Solid writing skills with ability to both write persuasively, and convey complex matters in clear and simple written form.
Expert oral, written and interpersonal communication skills with the ability to communicate complex information accurately, clearly and quickly to all levels
Provide suggestions and demonstrate problem solving abilities.
Excellent project management, organizational, presentation and interpersonal skills;
Ability to maintain composure under pressure and make sound decisions;
Display a high level of professional judgment, commitment, integrity, and teamwork;
Strong collaboration skills and ability to positively influence teams through a climate of change;
Results oriented with the ability to identify the long-term effects of decisions /solutions on customers and the business;
Proficient in the use of a personal computer and its applications, including Windows and Windows based applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.).
Scottsdale, Arizona, United States of America
Dublin, New York, San Jose
Bachelors Degree or Equivalent:
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
Paypal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.