Coordination of the IRF-PAI completion with the interdisciplinary team, gathering and input of data, transmission of data to Medicare. Assisting with education of staff regarding PPS and FIMS
This job directly affects all members of the clinical team through accuracy of data from medical chart to CMS transmission. Routine internal contacts include all clinical members of the interdisciplinary team. External contacts are employees of the client facility. Poor performance in this job would involve the Program Director
Makes independent decisions based on clinical knowledge and training
Coordinate PPD data collection with interdisciplinary team.
- Ensure completion of supportive documentation for FIMs in medical record.
Completes admission and discharge IRF-PAI within CMS designated time frames.
- Collect appropriate information from medical record and summarize on IRF-PAI.
- Ensure completion of admission PAI within four days of admission.
- Ensure completion of discharge PAI within five days of discharge.
Inputs data into CMS accepted program within designated time frame.
Updates IRF-PAI log and maintains its accuracy.
- Check patient location roster and verify accuracy of IRF-PAI log.
- Ensure completion of all columns of IRF-PAI log with each discipline
Assist in team education regarding FIM/PPS and documentation.
- Complete FIM competency.
- Assist in performing FIM competencies with other team members
The above statements are intended to describe the essential responsibilities being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of the responsibilities assigned to these people. Qualifications
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
a) Clinical degree and current license to practice as an OT, PT, RN, SLP, or MSW
No unusual working conditions
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EDUCATION
a) FIM competency knowledge
b) State and federal guidelines knowledge
c) Healthcare industry knowledge
a) Basic computer and data entry skills
b) Clinical assessment and analysis skills
c) Effective verbal and written communication skills
d) Excellent interpersonal skills
f you are a current Kindred/RehabCare employee Click Here .