Conduct day to day operation of the Human Resources department which includes: Greeting internal and external guests to the Human Resources department, administer company benefits programs, conducting enrollments, answering questions and troubleshooting problems.
- Assist associates whenever possible with requests and/or information. Attempt to answer associate questions and/or address associate concerns in a timely manner.
- Assist in the recruiting, screening and interviewing for all management and non-management hotel positions. Assist the Human Resources Director or Human Resources Manager in directing and instructing the management staff in effective recruiting and interviewing techniques using methods such as verbal presentations and written directions to ensure the hiring and retention of qualified and effective associates. Schedule interviews and process related paperwork.
- Create and update Human Resources bulletin boards and other posting locations as needed.
- Distribute paychecks as needed.
- Maintain accurate and updated department and associate files.
- Explain elements of various benefits to associates as required and assist with enrollment and claims processing.
- Assist with associate relations events and recognition, as needed, e.g. Associate of the Month program, Associate Anniversary Awards program, etc.
- Process benefits enrollments and other functions electronically, as required.
- Monitor and update job requisitions as required. Communicate hotel job openings internally and externally, via bulletin board postings, telephone, letters, referral contacts, telephone Hot Line, etc. pursuant to Company policy.
- Coordinate all other pre-selection activities, including drug testing; reference checks, etc., to ensure compliance with all Company policies and procedures.
- Process all transfer requests in the required time frame.
- Respond to all interviewed applicants via telephone or letter within required time frame.
- Assist the General Manager in achieving goals and objectives as identified in hotel annual Affirmative Action Plan (AAP).
- Control the administration of wages and benefits to ensure the accurate and equitable application of same, analyzing and applying information retrieved from moderately complex reports, manuals and/or computer systems.
- Prepare correspondence and memos as needed.
- Maintain applicant flow log/data.
- Ensure all new hires and existing associates possess proper employment eligibility verifications.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.+
Experience, Skills and Knowledge
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Hotel experience preferred.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Leadership skills to motivate and develop staff and to ensure accomplishment of goals.
- Able to set priorities, plan, organize, and delegate.
- Written communication skills to be concise, well organized, complete, and clear.
- Ability to work effectively under time constraints and deadlines.
- Command of the English language both written and verbal.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefits plan that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life Insurance and Short and Long-Term Disability. In addition, our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.