Do you want to be a part of the most dynamic and diverse entertainment venue in Atlanta? If so, the Atlanta Hawks and State Farm Arena team is for you! We are committed to growing our family with genuine and fun people to host the best events downtown. No matter your experience, you will grow as a professional, be a part of the action, and make lasting memories for everyone.
Reporting to the Vice President, Facility and Building Operations, the Sr. Director of Operations provides an elevated level of property operations knowledge. This position has overall responsibility for all facets of conversion operations, building cleanliness and building condition. This role develops and implements strategies that will deliver products and services, which meet or exceed the needs and expectations of guests and employees while maximizing the financial performance and is responsible for maintaining standards and regulatory requirements.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Managing Operations and Departmental Budgets
- Manages all arena conversion operations.
- Works with and provides oversight for event operations.
- Administers service contracts to support property needs.
- Coaches and supports operation teams to effectively manage controllable expenses (e.g., wages, tools and equipment, grounds keeping supplies, uniforms, vendors, service agreements, inventory, etc.).
- Develops an operating strategy that is aligned with the organizations business strategy.
- Develops and manages operating budgets for all departments overseen.
- Ensures integration of departmental goals in game plans.
- Develops relationships with vendors which support facility operations
- Reviews financial reports to determine how Operations and Environmental departments are performing against budget.
- Addresses potential areas of concern and proposing solutions to stakeholders in a proactive manner.
- Communicates a clear and consistent message regarding departmental goals to produce desired results.
- Supervises projects to ensure timely completion of projects within budgetary guidelines.
Maintaining Operating Standards
- Develops, administers, and maintains property environmental standards.
- Facilitates and Support all arena event conversions.
- Ensures policies are administered fairly and consistently.
- Manages areas of operation to budget by reviewing financial performance, budget worksheets and payroll progress reports.
- Monitors and manages the payroll function.
- Manages department's operating expenses to achieve or exceed budgeted goals.
- Participates in the development of department's capital expenditure goals; manages projects as needed.
- Participates in the budgeting process for areas of responsibility.
- Understands the impact of department's operation on the overall organization financial goals; educates staff on details as appropriate.
Conducting Human Resources Activities
- Ensures employees are treated fairly and equitably.
- Ensures disciplinary procedures and documentation are completed according to standards.
- Utilizes employee feedback and an “open door” policy to identify and address employee problems or concerns in a timely manner.
- Celebrates successes by publicly recognizing the contributions of team members.
- Resolves guest problems and complaints.
- Brings issues to the attention of Human Resources as necessary.
- Ensures that regular on-going communication takes place throughout the facility operation to communicate daily operations activities, set expectations and create awareness of business objectives.
Education and Experience
High school diploma or GED;
6 years experience in Arena Operations management or related professional area;
Technical training in conversion and environmental/housekeeping.
2-year degree from an accredited university in a related major;
4 years experience in Arena Operations management or related professional area;
technical training in conversion and environmental/housekeeping.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.