CHI Health is a regional health network with a unified mission: nurturing the healing ministry of the Church while creating healthier communities. Headquartered in Omaha, the combined organization consists of 15 hospitals, two stand-alone behavioral health facilities and more than 150 employed physician practice locations in Nebraska and southwestern Iowa. More than 12,000 employees comprise the workforce of this network that includes 2,820 licensed beds and serves as the primary teaching partner of Creighton University’s health sciences schools. In fiscal year 2014, the organization provided a combined $149.3 million in quantified community benefit including services for the poor, free clinics, education and research. With locations stretching from Kearney, Neb. to Missouri Valley, Iowa, the health network is the largest in Nebraska and serves residents of Nebraska and southwest Iowa. For more information, visit online at CHIhealth.com.
In conjunction with the Division Manager-Clinical Nutrition, the Supervisor oversees the activities of the Clinical Dietitians and the nutritional care of patients following established policies and procedures which are in compliance with institutional policies and within the guidelines of city, state and other regulatory agencies.
- Has the authority to interview, hire orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day- to day work activities; directs the educational and ethical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit and department needs and collaborate with other to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Manager performance including: setting goals, clarifying job expectations, monitoring performance progress, providing feedback, recognize, developing skill sand addressing performance issues related to our commitment using corrective action.
- Develops and posts employees schedules according to department policy. Ensures proper staffing is scheduled and /or available to perform daily activities in areas of responsibility (patient and dining center)
Coordinates and oversee the daily and weekly activities/tasks are performed by staff in areas of responsibility. Updates and communicates job-flow changes of positions in areas of responsibility.
- Ensures that department is properly opened and closed per departmental security policies.
- Exhibits pleasant and cheerful demeanor and maintains a helpful attitude towards employees, physicians, patients and visitors.
Visits patients on floors and helps ensure that every patient is visited by a member of the management or professional team at least once during their hospital stay. Interacts with nursing to ensure patients’ food needs are met.
Contributes to patient and customer satisfaction goals by providing quality services to patients, caterings or retail.
ServSafe Certificate within one year Required
Certified Dietary Manager – within 36 months
Food Handler permit – If required by the county (Lancaster Required
Sys/Div/Mkt/Local Supervisor – Bachelor’s Degree and minimum of 1 year experience in the discipline OR 3 years’ experience in the discipline OR Master’s Degree and no experience
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
A minimum of 3 years of progressive experience in Food Service Operations.
Must possess strong knowledge of Food & Nutrition services, strong knowledge of applicable laws regulations, guidelines and professional standards. Project management skills, good communications skills, Strategic planning skills, Change management skills, Computer skills in excel, word, PowerPoint: must demonstrate personal traits of a high level of motivations; team orientation; professionalism; trust; and place a high value of treating others with dignity and respect.
At least 2 years of management experience is preferred.