Paid vacation, heath & dental insurance, 401K plan, year end paid bonuses.
Must have a driver’s license.
- Applies coats of paint, varnish, stain, enamel, or lacquer to decorate and protect interior or exterior surfaces, trimmings, and fixtures of houses or buildings and other structures: Reads work orders or receives instructions from supervisor or homeowner regarding painting.
- Fills nail holes, cracks, and joints with caulk, putty, plaster, or other filler, using caulking gun and putty knife.
- Selects premixed paints, or mixes required portions of pigment, oil, and thinning and drying substances to prepare paint that matches specified colors.
- Removes fixtures, such as pictures and electric switch covers, from walls prior to painting, using screwdriver.
- Spreads drop cloths over floors and room furnishings, and covers surfaces, such as baseboards, door frames, and windows with masking tape and paper to protect surfaces during painting. Job site preparation and clean up must also be handled by professional painters. They may have to build scaffolding and use drop cloths or tape. Paint spills, dust from sanding and other materials must be cleaned and removed from a completed job site.
- Paints surfaces, using brushes, spray gun-equipment, or paint rollers.
- Erects scaffolding or sets up ladders to perform tasks above ground level.
Job Types: Full-time, Internship
Salary: $26.00 to $60,000.00 /year
- painting: 1 year (Preferred)
Hours per Week:
Involves the operation of heavy equipment, including:
- Bi weekly or Twice monthly