The role is in the head-office FP&A function located in Universal City, Los Angeles, and sits within a $1.5bn revenue-generating, worldwide home entertainment distributor, producer and product acquirer. A newly created, dynamic role with exposure to the executive management team.
The FP&A Senior Analyst (Commercial) is responsible for managing key areas of commercial finance, as well as directly supporting the FP&A Manager.
- Manage and coordinate the Home Entertainment film lifecycle from estimating greenlights, pre-releases, ultimates, and tracking latest estimates for global physical and digital business units, to all stakeholders.
Partner with Brand Marketing teams to analyze marketing plans; setting appropriate targets by evaluating release strategy and key benchmarking metrics.
Assist in updating and analyzing data in our main title forecasting tool, the key metric the executive management team uses to evaluate title and territory performance.
- Generate market reports for global operating companies, track physical formats, and produce business insights, analysis, and identify strategic opportunities through our data platforms.
- Consolidate and analyze the global operating company’s studio catalogue performance and collaborate with the marketing team, including drafting reports, variance analyses and insights.
- Assist in budget process for new releases across all international operating companies, communicating and coordinating budget targets to territory finance directors.
- Support the FP&A Manager with business / customer insights to executive management and functional leaders.
- Adhoc reporting to executive management, functional leaders and NBC-Universal stakeholders, as well as providing support to operating companies across the globe.
Undergraduate degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, or related area. Accounting qualification or MBA desired.
Minimum of 2 years experience in FP&A or related area. Experience of media/entertainment is preferred, as is an interest in movies.
Interested candidates must submit a resume/CV online to be considered
Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
Must be willing to submit to a background
Ambition to learn and grow within the company is a must
Must take ownership for their work and demonstrate the ability manage a process from start to finish
Strong excel, financial modeling and analytical skills are essential
Strong candidates will be good communicators, well organized and able to prioritize multiple and competing priorities.
International experience and experience of a head-office environment working across multiple business units is desired.
Experience of handling 3rd party data via GFK / Nielsen / OCC / Screen Digest / Future-source a significant advantage
Knowledge of Business Warehouse / SAP a significant advantage
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.