- Microsoft Word
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Microsoft Office
Job Description Summary
The Coordinator, Student Accounts will have responsibility for a designated caseload of students. Responsibilities also include supporting the College’s student account payment and refund processes as well as providing customer service in the areas of student accounts, financial aid, and financing options.
- Manage a caseload of undergraduate and/or graduate student accounts handling billing, collections, late fees, account holds, third party billing, and developing and authorizing student-specific strategies to get accounts settled.
- Provide a high level of customer service to students, parents, and Babson staff in person, via phone, or through email communication that includes being part of the SFS call rotation responding to questions about student accounts, financial aid, and financing options.
- Plan and communicate billing/payment cycles and manage billing set-up.
- Monitor outstanding receivables; analyze and report on trends.
- Reconcile accounts to the College’s general ledger.
- Support the receipt of incoming payments including cash, check, credit card, online payments, payment plan disbursements, and enrollment deposits. Support the refund process including approving EFT and paper check refunds.
- Manage designated programs/processes including payment plans, extended payment plans, tuition adjustments, meal plan changes, book vouchers, fellowship/assistantship hour tracking, separation processing, and updating publication materials.
- Plan and coordinate business processes with third-party service providers (e.g., Tuition Management Systems and University Health Plans), as well as key departments on campus (e.g., Controller/Business Office, Registrar, Accounts Payable, Undergraduate/Graduate Admissions, Academic Services, Graduate Programs and Student Affairs, Housing, Campus Life, Chartwells, and Follett).
- Represent Babson’s mission, goals, and customer-service orientation in all work-related settings.
- Assume additional responsibilities as required.
Minimum Level of Education Required Bachelor’s degree
Position Knowledge/Skills & Abilities Requirements:
- A minimum of 1-3 years related work experience
- Ability to succeed in a customer-oriented, team-based, technology-intensive work environment which includes being present in the office in order to support all customers as well as fulfill the department philosophy around face-to-face student support.
- Must have previous accounting knowledge.
- Must have excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Must have strong attention to detail.
- Ability to envision and propose new methods to perform tasks that support ET&A; takes thoughtful risks; and accept new and ongoing initiatives, objectives, and solutions to gain sought-after results.
- Ability to anticipate and embrace change; demonstrate willingness to achieve, acquire, and utilize new skills and challenging tasks; and is flexible in changing conditions.
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Access, PowerPoint and a high-level of proficiency in Excel)
- Some extended hours during orientation, drop/add periods, and other extended-hour days
Additional Required Skills & Abilities