About the Company
AgencyQ is the champion of the human experience through digital transformation. Our award-winning team of collaboration-minded digital experts creates website experiences with deeply purposeful-applied personalization. Our cross-functional teams of Data Scientists, Content Strategists, Marketing Gurus, Digital Experts, and Creative Designers use research and data to achieve, inform, and shape digital transformation strategies for our clients. We challenge the norm, we are fearless innovators, and we live our customer’s mission. This is the power of AQ.
About the Role
AgencyQ is excited to hire a Senior User Experience Designer for our growing human-centered design practice. The right candidate is passionate about solving real problems through design and has experience creating, presenting, and delivering solutions as part of a cross-functional, client-facing team. You will work with a variety of clients, including government agencies, associations, healthcare organizations and B2B companies. You will work closely with internal, cross-functional teams as well as external client teams. We are passionate about finding the right individual to join our team. Even if you don’t exactly match the qualifications below, please apply and let us know why you are an excellent candidate.
- Leads client interactions from research through ideation, design and development.
- Strong functional UX design capabilities, specifically for digital, and fosters collaborative cross-discipline dynamics.
- Experience using UXPin, Sketch, Figma, Adobe XD, Axure, or similar tools.
- Strong digital visual design capabilities and experience with Adobe CS will be considered a bonus.
- Communicates and collaborates effectively with both internal teams and clients.
- Seeks to understand user behavior and motivations using qualitative and quantitative research methods. Creates research plans to uncover necessary information in discovery.
- Defines, structures, and conducts a variety of user engagement activities, such as in-person ethnographic research, surveys, interviews, focus groups, card sorting, and remote and in-person usability evaluations.
- Plans and facilitates workshops, design sprints, and other collaborative working sessions with internal and client teams.
- Works with the team to synthesize findings into actionable recommendations.
- Presents discovery findings with a strategic voice, making prioritized design recommendations and illustrating the user experience via a mastery of process flows, journey mapping, and personas.
- Builds trust with clients. Translates business and user requirements and goals into design solutions.
- Ideates and designs effective solutions, including creating wireframes and interactive prototypes.
- Understands principles of information architecture. Creates sitemaps, taxonomies, and content types.
- Presents work effectively to clients. Provides rationale for design decisions.
- Partners with internal teams of visual designers, UX designers, front- and back-end developers to scope designs, tune existing features, help define UI, and craft the overall user experience.
- Assists with producing thought leadership resources such as blogs, white papers, presentations, etc.
- Cascades UX insights: prepares production files, documentation, and specs for designers and developers across disciplines.
- Enjoys working in a cross functional client-facing sales team, including presenting to prospective clients. Experience in scoping HCD projects, estimating budgets, developing solutions and approaches, and writing compelling proposals.
- Skilled in scaling process and/or approach to fit both the company’s need and the needs of clients of different sizes and budgets.
- Develops cohesive design systems, including component-based and template-based design systems.
- Has excellent time management skills, manages multiple projects simultaneously, and prioritizes tasks appropriately.
- Is passionate about human-centered design, with a fascination for understanding the human experience.
- Unwavering commitment to and ownership of solving customer problems. Loves to delight a customer.
- Constructively advocates for HCD needs and does not easily back down on important issues. Advocates for the client and the user. Advocates for accessible and inclusive design.
- A team player, open to critiques from all disciplines, and not afraid to share ideas. Understands that critique is part of the design process. Seeks feedback from colleagues and clients. Is able to give and receive constructive feedback to improve designs and create stronger solutions.
- Strong sense of empathy for internal and external audiences and their needs.
- Understands the importance of “rolling up one’s sleeves” to achieve customer goals and consistently hitting results, while also championing the HCD vision.
- Continuous self-learner, constantly seeking opportunities to experiment, fail fast, optimize and improve workflows, and foster open communication.
- Curious and critical thinker with an ability to articulate complex ideas with humility.
- Energized by solving problems and putting structure around ambiguity.
- 3+ years of experience as a user experience designer
- Strong online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating experience creating great user-centered design solutions
- Strong written, verbal and visual communication skills—ability to tell convincing stories that connect with people, whether end users, clients, or internal collaborators
- Agency or media experience a plus
- Experience in B2B, government and/or healthcare a plus
- An active security clearance or the ability to obtain one may be required for this role
- Full-time preferred
- Must be in or willing to relocate to the Washington, DC area
agencyQ is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.'
- Temporarily due to COVID-19
Job Type: Full-time
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- Are you a US Citizen? This is a requirement due to compliance with our government client contracts.
- UI: 1 year (Preferred)
- UX: 3 years (Preferred)
Work Location: One location