Full Job Description
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. The Guardant Health Oncology Platform leverages capabilities to drive commercial adoption, improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs across all stages of the cancer care continuum. Guardant Health has launched liquid biopsy-based Guardant360®, Guardant360 CDx and GuardantOMNI® tests for advanced stage cancer patients. These tests fuel development of its LUNAR program, which aims to address the needs of early-stage cancer patients with neoadjuvant and adjuvant treatment selection, cancer survivors with surveillance, asymptomatic individuals eligible for cancer screening and individuals at a higher risk for developing cancer with early detection.
To enable Guardant Health to lead the disruption of cancer treatments through non-invasive cancer screening, the Technology Development Team is seeking a highly motivated Scientist II to lead the execution of designing and developing novel assays and technologies for oncology diagnostics. At Guardant, we leverage the most advanced technologies and work with leaders in many fields to create the most impactful and meaningful technologies for cancer management.
As a Scientist II in the Technology Development Team, you will interface cross-functionally with operations, process engineering, bioinformatics, as well as collaborate with other assay development teams. You will be hands on in the lab to evaluate, optimize, and validate new technologies related to liquid biopsy sequencing assays for the detection, treatment, and monitoring of all cancer types. You will play a critical role in implementing new assays into our existing platform. You will also serve as a mentor of more junior scientists and research associates to develop existing assays as well as future product offerings.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Develop and incorporate innovative technologies into our liquid biopsy platform
● Assess, optimize, and validate cutting-edge research and technologies in molecular oncology and diagnostics to improve assay approaches
● Identify areas for improvement in current assays and propose and implement solutions
● Collaborate within technology development and cross-functionally with operations, process engineering, and bioinformatics to facilitate effective execution of product goals
● Be highly committed to deliver results in a fast-paced and rapidly growing organization
● Write experiment reports, SOPs, technical evaluations and invention disclosures as needed
● Present data, proposals, and progress in various forums and to technical and non-technical audiences
● PhD degree in molecular biology, biomedical sciences, or related field with 2+ years of industry work or post-doc experience
● Experience in research, development and/or optimization of NGS technologies with strong preference for experience with cell-free nucleic acids
● Strong data analysis skills with experience with Python or R and the experience in handling large datasets
● Detail orientated with demonstrated ability to organize, document and communicate scientific data
● Committed team player: demonstrated ability to contribute in an environment where numerous contributions are required to accomplish complex goals. Enjoys working both independently and collaboratively in a fast-paced environment and able to adapt to change.
● Strong underlying curiosity and drive
● Sense of humor is a must
● Product development in a regulated environment
● Experience with multiomics NGS assays
● Experience with cancer detection assays
● Experience with assay development for automated liquid handling platforms is a plus
Employee may be required to lift routine office supplies and use office equipment. Majority of the work is performed in a desk/office environment; however, there may be exposure to high noise levels, fumes, and biohazard material in the laboratory environment. Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
Guardant Health is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To learn more about the information collected when you apply for a position at Guardant Health, Inc. and how it is used, please review our Privacy Notice for Job Applicants.