General Description of the Position:
The Sales/Marketing Representative is primarily responsible for the execution of the Yager Marine strategy. This position is a key revenue enabler by connecting the organization to the market. The Sales/Marketing Representative maintains regular contact with the customers to ensure their satisfaction. An emphasis on business development, growth and strategy is required. Additionally, the Sales/Marketing Representative will help to serve technical needs of the customers by either conducting training or utilizing technical resources. Time spent managing accounts versus prospecting should be at the 75% level in both areas in order to support business objectives.
1. Reports to : Manager
2. Direct reports to him/her* : *No direct reports
3. Functional relationship:
- External Customers
- Yager Operational Staff
- Yager Estimating Staff
- Manage and develop new barge building and marine services, contracts, and supply agreements; bidding activity with estimating and operations
- Responsible for the development and implementation of tactical plans to support growth in Marine division, as directed by manager
- Drive Growth through:
- Strong emphasis on prospecting new customers
- Keep the pipeline full at all times by ensuring that an active list of potential new prospects are compiled and constantly updated
- Responsible for addressing customer concerns in collaboration with other departments/functional areas
- Attends and support tradeshows, as well as maintain industry association relationships
- Visits customers to obtain operational feedback and gain a clear understanding of products and operational capabilities
- Oversee customer sales budget, sales forecasts
- Provide support to other Yager team members at key customers and prospects when required;
- Responsible for the development and continuous maintenance of the prospect list for the business area
- Implement tactical plan to build strong customer relationships
- Provides intelligence on the market segment through analysis of trends, competitors, potential and existing customers
- Provides market intelligence by gathering information from market studies, trade associations, online sources, task force, customer surveys and industry meetings
- Monitors closely both customer and industry regulatory needs for the specified market segment and advise on any necessary adjustments required to market strategy
- Plays a key role in optimizing profitability for the market segments by understanding internal cost of production, plant balance, and developing product pricing tactics
- Act as a key member of the commercial team to ensure a cross-functional approach in sharing ideas/information
- New market development (identify new markets for existing/new products)
- Develops training, promotional and sales support materials to effectively support business strategy
- Responsible for the creation and distribution of market Intel updates and market position reports directed at the Yager Leadership team
- Other responsibilities as assigned by the manager
- Implement and execute the Yager Marine sales strategy
6. Key Performance Indicators
- Meet stated budget and sales targets
- Ensure Manager is informed of regional performance and growth opportunities
7.Basic Requirements (Education, Level of Experience, Language)
- Qualified candidates will have a Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Marketing/Engineering or comparable years’ experience
- Marine experience a plus, but not required
- 5+ years of successful sales
- Business development experience in an industrial manufacturing environment.
- 75% travel domestically
8. Needed Knowledge, Skills, and Competencies(Technical knowledge required by the position)
- Comparative market leveraging ability
- Creating and presenting business proposals to external customers and Yager Leadership Team
- Strong understanding of the markets in which they are responsible for
- Business specific acumen, general sales and marketing approach, and key metrics which drive the business.
- Prioritizes effectively and is organized with the ability to breaking down large work tasks into specific work activities
- Utilizes strong interpersonal skills to relate well to all kinds of people both inside and outside of the organization
- Ability to build appropriate rapport with subordinates, peers, and/or managers.
- Demonstrates the ability to motivate one’s self to establish and achieve goals
- Courageous leadership demonstrated by acting with honesty and integrity
- Flexible, adapts to changes, and overcomes obstacles.
- Consistently demonstrates initiative and a readiness to act on opportunities
- Find new or different ways of dealing with challenging or difficult problems or situations.
- Make the best use of all available materials, knowledge and resources at hand
- Welcomes challenges as opportunities
- Strong team player that can work cooperatively with others in order to drive results and goals
- Influence others by overcoming objections and concerns in an appropriate manner, seeking a win/win solutions where both parties can reasonably meet their objectives.
- Demonstrates persistence by rapid follow up on commitments. Ask probing questions in order to fully understand customer needs.
- Self-motivated and understands objectives and is proactive in their approach to achieve them. Looks for oppurtunities to improve upon those objectives. Does not wait to be told what is important or when to take action.
- Professional image focused by adhering to company policies on attire and understanding that their business enviroment can dictate how they should appear.
- Result orientation focused by demonstrating an understanding of objectives. Promotes the value of the objectives. Creates, deploys, and measures the results of their strategy in order to track progress and reports results.
9. Physical Demands
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions provided such accommodations to not create undue hardship to the company.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arm; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; and taste or smell; and is occasionally required to stand. Additionally, the job required the employee to work on occasion at heights.
The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
10. Work Enviroment
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, provided such accommodations do not create undue hardship to the company
Job Type: Full-time
- Marketing: 2 years (Required)
- Business Sales: 5 years (Preferred)
- Marine Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
- Business Development: 2 years (Required)