- Time Management
- Driver's License
- Microsoft Word
- Customer Service
- Communication Skills
The Development & Volunteer Coordinator collaborates with staff and volunteers to cultivate mutually beneficial relationships between Clayton State University's Spivey Hall, its donors (the Spivey Hall Friends) and volunteers. The Development & Volunteer Coordinator provides administrative support to the Spivey Hall Friends Council and its programs and initiatives, plans and implements donor/volunteer events, processes and acknowledges gifts, maintains donor/volunteer databases, generates and coordinates volunteer/donor communications, hires, supervises and trains part-time house managers, schedules house managers and volunteer ushers, assists in recruiting, training and retaining volunteer ushers, assists donors/volunteers with requests for information, compiles and reports fundraising metrics, and develops and maintains donor/volunteer profiles.
1. Processes donor gifts, ensuring they are properly recorded, deposited and acknowledged. Reconciles quarterly reports of gift revenue and related expenses. Generates donor gift reports; budgets and projects gift revenue and expense.
2. Plans and coordinates donor/volunteer events, including receptions, dinners, brunches, meetings, and the annual season announcement celebration; provides administrative support to the Friends Council chair, directors, and their programs and initiatives; manages related expense budgets.
3. Develops and executes year-round donor/volunteer communication plans; responds to donor/volunteer requests for information regarding Friends membership and activities, sponsorships, fundraising, and other Spivey Hall programs.
4. Prepares and administers personalized gift solicitations and Friends membership renewal reminders for donors throughout the year.
5. Compiles and updates donor/volunteer profiles with information entered into databases.
6. Hires, trains, and schedules part-time house managers for Spivey Hall concerts and events within approved HR and budget parameters; recruits, trains, schedules, and cultivates mutually beneficial relationships with volunteers to serve as ushers at Spivey Hall concerts and events.
7. Performs other development and event-related duties as required.
Experience in non-profit fundraising. Experience in cultivating positive relationships with individual and institutional donors/sponsors. Experience in planning events for groups of 120+ people.
Valid driver's license.
Knowledge of effective non-profit fundraising practices involving individual gifts and sponsorships. Knowledge of front-of-house concert hall operations.
Excellent written and spoken communication skills. Exceptional organizational and time-management skills. Strong computer skills using MS Word, Excel, Outlook, mass-email applications, and CRM databases.
Demonstrated ability to write for publication, including effective fundraising appeals and proposals. Ability to provide superior customer service to and interact positively with individual donors and foundation leaders. Ability to keep multiple projects moving forward simultaneously. Availability to work flexible hours including weekends and evenings, principally during the annual September-to-May concert season. Ability to represent Spivey Hall and Clayton State University favorably to a wide range of people and organizations.
Knowledge of and interest in classical, jazz, and world music.
Required Documents to Attach
1. Cover letter.
2. Current resume or CV.
3. Sample of writing for publication, preferably relating to fundraising, donors and/or volunteers.
Clayton State University's Spivey Hall, in south suburban Atlanta, Georgia, is among the preeminent small recital halls in the United States, renowned for its superb acoustics and the excellence of its concert and music education programming. Opened in 1991, Spivey Hall is an intimate space (capacity 390 seats) that enables artists and audiences to connect through the live performance of fine music. In the words of legendary choral conductor Robert Shaw, "Spivey Hall is to music what light is to painting." its centerpiece is a magnificent pipe organ built in Padua, Italy by the firm of Fratelli Ruffatti. The annual Spivey Series of classical, jazz, and world music performances by outstanding international artists draws ticket buyers from throughout metro Atlanta, more than 50 Georgia counties, and seven states.
It is the home of the award-winning Spivey Hall Children's Choir Program under the direction of Dr. Martha Shaw. The Hall offers music education opportunities for people of all ages through its annual Young People's Concerts, Summer World Music Festival, choral and chamber orchestra honor workshops, Summer Music Camp, master classes, and other programs. Spivey Hall also serves as the primary performance venue for the students, faculty and guest artists of Clayton State's Visual and Performing Arts Division of Music. For more information, please visit www.spiveyhall.org and www.clayton.edu.
Located 15 miles southeast of downtown Atlanta, Clayton State University offers employees a diverse environment which fosters both professional and personal development. The university is committed to cultivating an environment of engaged, experienced-based learning, enriched by active community service. Clayton State offers multiple Bachelor and Master Degree programs which currently enrolls over 6,900 students in challenging campus and on-line courses.
The campus is situated just 20 minutes from downtown Atlanta on 214 beautiful acres, making access to the metropolitan area a breeze. We’ve been named a Top Workplace in Atlanta by the Atlanta-Journal Constitution for six consecutive years. And we also were named one of 79 higher education institutions across the nation in The Chronicle of Higher Education’s list of 2017 Great Colleges to Work For.
Conditions of Employment
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of a background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Clayton State University, as determined by Clayton State University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.