Conveyor Solutions has been a leader in the Material handling industry for over 23 years. From industry-leading storage innovations to system integration, to conveyor system solutions, and much more. Conveyor Solutions employs innovative material handling solutions, from concept to implementation to completion.
We are currently looking for a Senior Sales Engineer to join our Chicagoland Direct Sales Team!
We at Conveyor Solutions live by a core set of beliefs and principles that we define as our Core Values. Our Core Values are the foundation in all we do. This is especially true as we add team members to our growing family to ensure they exemplify the Systems in Motion Core Values, which are:
- Optimistic and Growth Oriented
- “Make it Happen”
- Passionate and Enthusiastic
- “Own It”
- Creative Problem Solver
Sales Engineer Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain annual sales plan. Present sales plan to Sales Manager and manage daily efforts toward plan.
- Understand existing customer’s organizational structure develop strong relationships within all corporate levels including executive, operations, engineering, purchasing, and maintenance.
- Prospect and qualify leads by contacting and cultivating relationships with key decision makers, focusing on business development opportunities utilizing material handling solutions.
- Demonstrate industry techniques and knowledge of best business practice by applying innovative material handling principles, theories, and concepts.
- Customize solutions to increase the customer’s overall profitability, productivity, and safety by gathering data, analyzing information, and solving problems. Evaluates concepts and recommends best solution. Use evaluation techniques ranging from simple “pro and con” comparisons to ROI calculations. Use drawings to facilitate concept understanding.
- Develop proposals that include technical and functional descriptions, spreadsheets, drawings, and material flow diagrams. Improve gross margins through pricing, perceived market value, and product/service mix. Presents proposals to clients.
- Follow-up on all proposals, negotiate improved financial and contractual concepts until deal is closed. Identify technical and commercial risks for customer and CSI, provide mitigating solutions.
- Process orders and inform customers of project status (includes shipping, installation, start-up, final payment, etc.)
- Prepare and perform client presentations articulating the value proposition of product, solution, and service offerings.
- Create repeat customers and provide the highest level of customer service and support.
- Offer customers after sales service and preventive maintenance plans.
- Utilize a Customer Relationship Management (CRM) tool to track the sales cycle.
- Majority of travel to be local, minimal overnight travel required.
Sales Engineer Requirements:
- Minimum 4 years of Material Handling experience
- Minimum of 4 years of Outside Sales experience
- Bachelors degree in engineering or related experience
- Understanding customer organizational structure to develop strong relationships within all corporate levels including executive, operations, engineering, purchasing and maintenance
- Demonstrate industry techniques and knowledge of best business practices by applying innovative material handling principles, theories, and concepts
Sales Engineer Compensation
- Initial base salary plus commission, $70k-$90k based on experience
- Compensation will transition to full commission with a monthly draw to maximize earnings
- Full-time employment
- Health, dental and vision plan
- Retirement plan (401k)
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental Leave
- Professional training and development
Job Types: Full-time, Commission
Salary: $70,000.00 to $90,000.00 /year
- Materials Handling: 4 years (Required)
- Outside Sales: 4 years (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off
- Flexible schedule
- Parental leave
- Professional development assistance
Typical start time:
Typical end time:
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Autonomous/Independent -- enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative -- prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity