This position schedule will include nights & weekends.
As a Service Manager, you will be responsible for assisting with the overall food service operation within established objectives, standards, policies, and procedures. You will assist in the maintenance of sound inter-departmental relations and the integration of the dining service department within the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assists in providing quality food and an enjoyable dining experience for guests, clients, and associates.
- Directly supervises all associates during the meal period.
- Maintains excellent relations with the clients and guests, and close working relationships with dining service supervisors, associates, and other community departments.
- Involved in the supervising, training, and coaching of frontline associates.
- Circulates in all dining areas during meal periods to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implements programs to improve service to the guests and associates.
- Participates in the development of the department’s cycle menus.
- Coordinates and ensures that cash controls are in place in areas where cash is handled.
- Participates on special projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 1 to 3 years of food service experience.
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education, military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Possesses a comprehensive knowledge of dining room service techniques, guest relations, plate presentation, sanitation, food handling, personnel administration, special events, and overall food service operations.
- Possess good communication skills, both oral and written.
- Proficient computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and internet.
- Serv Safe Certification is preferred
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $38,000.00 to $42,000.00 /year
- Excel: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Office: 1 year (Required)
- Microsoft Word: 1 year (Required)
- Food Service: 5 years (Preferred)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Retirement benefits or accounts