PURPOSE Assists the Human Resources department in the administration of various human resource programs in several or all of the following areas: payroll, recruiting, employee and labor relations, compensation and benefits, training, safety and personnel research. Assist with specific short-term assignments and workflow for organizational effectiveness. Handles all information in a confidential manner. Assists with answering multi-facility switchboard, distribute phone messages, greet and route visitors and vendors to appropriate areas as needed.
Process and distribute incoming and outgoing mail as needed. Work is performed under the supervision of department manager. ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES Other duties may be assigned. 1.
Provides administrative support and coordinates daily human resource programs. Typical duties may include answering routine inquiries about employment, employee relations, benefits, recognition, training and staffing. 2. Assists with set up of employee personnel/medical files and record maintenance.
3. Assists in answering all incoming Company phone calls and routes them to the appropriate department or employee. 4. Works with hiring managers and HR team to screen applications and resumes relating to applicant?s qualifications.
5. Schedules and manage all interviews based on reporting structure, including assigning interviewers, securing meeting space, defining topics to assess and discuss, distributing resumes, travel arrangements for incoming candidates, etc. 6. Works with HR team and Manager to manage recruiting and staffing files including job postings for permanent employees, resumes, staffing requisitions, hiring authorization forms, and advertisement copy to keep in compliance with company?s Affirmative Action Plan requirements.
7. Works with HR team and Manager to manage training documentation files including job orientation training, safety training and basic/applied skills and job specific skills for permanent employees per company requirements. 8. Assists with the set up of personnel/medical files and record maintenance.
9. Ensures supply of new hire orientation folders and keeps the information up-to-date. 10. Assists with safety coordination activities as needed.
11. Participates in local job fairs and college recruiting. 12. Completes new hire paperwork and sends to Payroll for processing.
13. Works with HR team to track drug testing and background investigations and files/communicates as needed to HR team. 14. Manages logistics of each interviewing day to ensure the process runs smoothly.
15. Works to manage training documentation logistics to ensure employee training files are secure and accurate. 16. May conduct New Hire Orientation for permanent employees.
17. Assists in the administration of the Company attendance program. 18. Assists in maintaining applicant flow log.
19. Will serve as a back-up payroll processor as needed. 20. Assists with compiling statistics and maintaining records on leaves and absences, assists in handling personnel related inquiries, checks references.
Assists with gathering, extracting, maintaining, and updating human resource workforce management data such as turnover, recruitment costs, demographic profiles, terminations, projected retirements and skill shortages, etc. utilizing ad-hoc reporting tools on the ADP database. PRIMARY INTERACTIONS Interfaces with departmental and cross-functional peers and managers to provide clarification, communicate procedures, and to resolve problems. COMPETENCIES ?
Solid knowledge of office practices, procedures and equipment ? Good communication skills, both written and verbal ? Strong interpersonal skills ? Good organization skills ?
Excellent telephone etiquette ? Good PC knowledge and data entry experience EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE High school diploma or general education degree (GED) r